C'Mere Deer

Hey guys,

I apologize if this has been brought up before. I know in MA you can't use bait when hunting. I am a little confused by the law. Can I use attractants/Bait before the season for the use of a trail camera? Just curious. I was hoping to put down some C'mere deer now in front of the camera to see what’s out there. Would I be in violation of the law if I did this now?

Thanks,
Capo

just be careful...if there is ANY sign of the powder left ove,r even if you thought you removed it, it will be considered a baited sight

Likewise, make sure you check for signs of baiting anywhere you hunt. Even if YOU didn't put the bait down, if it's where you're hunting, and an EPO catches on, thats YOUR ass.

Likewise, make sure you check for signs of baiting anywhere you hunt. Even if YOU didn't put the bait down, if it's where you're hunting, and an EPO catches on, thats YOUR ass.

I didn't think of that. Good thing I hunt on my own property. This close to NY, I'll bet lots of "hunters" use some of the wide variety of baits they sell in NY shops.

I didn't think of that. Good thing I hunt on my own property. This close to NY, I'll bet lots of "hunters" use some of the wide variety of baits they sell in NY shops.

NY shops nothing, its all over the shelves at Dick's in plymouth. Whether its legal to use or not, its legal to sell anywhere you go. You have to be smart enough not to use it when you arent supposed to in this state.

I've set down honey & peanuts on an old tree stump, and it attracted numerous critters (most of them nocturnal). I tried a commercial product, and there weren't nearly the number of visitors captured digitally.

BTW, Tractor Supply stocks a large selection of "game oriented" products.

I'm on the fence about how effective attractants are. Obviously if you setup a 6 foot wide salt lick the deer will probably come to you. Technically if you setup a "feeder", I believe you are supposed to be licensed by the state.

Hey guys,

I apologize if this has been brought up before. I know in MA you can't use bait when hunting. I am a little confused by the law. Can I use attractants/Bait before the season for the use of a trail camera? Just curious. I was hoping to put down some C'mere deer now in front of the camera to see what’s out there. Would I be in violation of the law if I did this now?

Thanks,
Capo

You will be wasting money with c'mere deer ,saw dust would be more effective then that crap. Try Buck Jam on stumps or on apples before the season starts and when the season starts ,code blue is the best scents for me . Rut time the doe estrous put a nice buck on my wall that was heading in the other direction . experiment but don't overdue scents .

Back
Top Bottom