Club/Range Suggestion around Nashua NH

Does anyone have any suggestions for a club somewhere within say 30 minutes of Nashua NH? I really enjoy sporting clays but their don't seem to be many opportunities for them. Also looking for pistol/rifle ranges and a crowd that would be welcoming to a 27yo member who is looking to get into hunting as well. So far Nashua Fish & Game is where I'm focused- but all they have is trap. That said- if they are a great group- I'll sacrifice a little.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a club somewhere within say 30 minutes of Nashua NH? I really enjoy sporting clays but their don't seem to be many opportunities for them. Also looking for pistol/rifle ranges and a crowd that would be welcoming to a 27yo member who is looking to get into hunting as well. So far Nashua Fish & Game is where I'm focused- but all they have is trap. That said- if they are a great group- I'll sacrifice a little.

Nashua F&G has a 25/50/100, pistol ranges, and long distane range

Londonderry F&G has a 25, shotgun, archery, 50, 100.

Manchester Firing Line

If you're willing to cross the border, Westford Sportsmen's Club has what's supposed to be an excellent sporting clays course. (I'm a member there, but haven't shot clays yet).

I don't shoot sporting clays either, but I've heard several people who shoot quite a bit say that Westford has one of the best sporting clays course in New England. This time of year they're shooting Sunday afternoons starting at 1:00pm. It's open to the public, so show up around 12:30 to register if you'd like to shoot a round or two. We've got quite a few members from southern NH.

We've also got 25yd and 100yd outdoor ranges, a 50ft indoor pistol range (available 24/7), 2 voice-activated trap fields, 3-D archery, a stocked trout pond and a game preserve hunting for pheasants and other birds.

Ken

Last edited:
The is only Trap at Pelham, as far as clay busting goes, but for pistol and rifle we have a 100 yard range, open pits for both pistol and rifle, and hopefully in the next year be opening our 600 yard range.

I'm not too up on the numbers of people who hunt, but there is a large portion of the membership that does and I have heard from some members that will park on the ground, hop the border fence into a WMA (or its NH equivalent) and let the other hunters push the deer towards them.

We do have a 3 gun match this Saturday that is open to the public,registration starts at 9, even if you don't come down to shoot you may find someone to give you a tour.

I have heard about a sporting clays place in New Ipswich, NH that is privately owned.

Thanks for the input everyone. Westford isn't too far so I wouldn't mind that; it sounds like it may be a better match for what I'm looking for.

One question regarding gun laws as both VA and NH have far less stringent laws than MA. What are any special actions/concerns I would have to worry about/take care of with regard to:
1) Bringing my firearms (rifle/pistol/shotgun) into MA to shoot at the ranges?
2) Hunt in MA (ie- is there any difficulty getting an out-of-state license or again any special actions needing to be taken with regard to the guns)?

Thanks!

Non-large capacity rifles and shotguns are fine with no license required. Pistols, or anything large capacity, you need a non-resident LTC or to be traveling to a competition. Anything that falls under the federal 1994 AWB, now expired, is still illegal in MA.

Non-large capacity rifles and shotguns are fine with no license required. Pistols, or anything large capacity, you need a non-resident LTC or to be traveling to a competition. Anything that falls under the federal 1994 AWB, now expired, is still illegal in MA.

Ok, I was worried I'd have to get permits and register everything or something; I recall getting fingerprinted at the state police barracks in NJ- not a huge deal to me, but something else to worry about doing. If it's as simple as making sure to leave my 15 shot mags at home and only bring the 10 shot (Glock 19 is the only pistol/high cap anything I own); I'm ok with that. I prefer the 10's anyway since 50 round boxes divide evenly between them (I guess I'm a little OCD that way).

Thanks, looks like Westford may be a good bet...off to google maps to see what the drive is like.

Back
Top Bottom