• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Classes for women

I recommend an NRA Basic Pistol class. You might check with Lynne here on the boards. She's an instructor and I believe that she teaches on the North Shore.

Since my name was mentioned...

We teach the NRA BP course - it's designed for folks who have never fired a gun before, or even handled one. We focus on the BASICS as well as safety, first and foremost. Not to blow my own horn, but I work well with first time shooters. We live in Haverhill, teach out of our home and go to one of two ranges (either our club or Bob's in Salisbury) for the live fire part of the course.

If we're a distance for driving, then I would highly recommend a Women on Target course. It really is designed for women who've never shot before. I don't, offhand, know of any going on, but you could email Jon Green at GOAL (he's the one who sets up a number of them and will also teach them) to see if there's any going on in your area.

If you want to go with us, email me off the list and we'll talk.

It's too bad you didn't ask this question a little ways back. We just had the 2nd annual women's instructional shoot at the Mass Rifle Ass'n in Woburn.
I have to agree that any Basic Safety Course should be good. The one that I help coach at the MRA is a really great class. Though I am the only woman coach there- so I don't know if that's enough female-ness. But if you have any questions feel free to send me a message as well.

Back
Top Bottom