class a alp in fitchburg ma. as of 2010?

i was wondering if anyone in fitchburg has had any trouble receiving a class a alp? i want to get my license but was wondering if anyone has had trouble in fitchburg because im hearing yes and no green and not green. that you will only get a class b. if anyone could help me out that would be great.

Good news...

I just confirmed with the Deputy Chief that Fitchburg is now accepting and processing applications. The officer who normally does this work was seriously injured while off duty. As of last week the Fitchburg PD was able to train another officer to do the job.

Steve, MFS

that is good news ......... did he happen to say if he was going to issue class a alp, class a restricted, or just class b, by any chance?

that is good news ......... did he happen to say if he was going to issue class a alp, class a restricted, or just class b, by any chance?
Well unless the Chief's position has changed I'd assume that it's still likely Class A restricted for the most part.

I managed to get issued ALP but I had really great references and still think I just got lucky. So it isn't impossible to get ALP right now but it's pretty unlikely based on what I've heard from others.

Good news...

I just confirmed with the Deputy Chief that Fitchburg is now accepting and processing applications. The officer who normally does this work was seriously injured while off duty. As of last week the Fitchburg PD was able to train another officer to do the job.

Steve, MFS

I got a call from Rep DiNatale and Sen Flanagan's office yesterday confirming this as well. It still seems to be a crapshoot as fas as restrictions go though.

sbwilbur........... did you receive your licence resently? if you dont mind me asking?

Yeah, my appointment was January 6th. I got it at the very end of January. When the licensing officer officially issued it he actually sounded surprised when he read that there were no restrictions.

Other members on the board have informed me that they have friends that had restricted licenses issued around the same time.

I'd really work hard on that Letter to the Chief and pick the best references you can think of.

did your references have to live in fitchburg? or just in the state of mass.? ill have to find some really good references then.

does anyone know if you can have cousins write a referance letter? once i receive my taxes i want to apply for my ltc. hope ill get lucky!my cousin has had his licence for a few years now. but he also got his from leominster pd.

does anyone know if you can have cousins write a referance letter? once i receive my taxes i want to apply for my ltc. hope ill get lucky!my cousin has had his licence for a few years now. but he also got his from leominster pd.

Who you can use as a reference all depends on the PD you have to apply with. There is no standard in MA, and every PD makes its own rules regarding licensing requirements. If it does not specify on the application, you should call the department and ask.

If it does not specify on the application, you should call the department and ask.

WHY?

If the PD does not specify, why not use who you want? Only thing is that I would not have anyone write a letter that stated "I am related to <Joe Blow> and hereby . . . " Just have them write that they know Joe Blow for x years and attest to the belief that Joe Blow is a thoughtful, responsible citizen who you would trust with firearms, etc.

You might want to read the thread about the MCOPA article, which specifically advises against imposing such BS "requirements" as the "letters of recommendation" you ask about.

WHY?

If the PD does not specify, why not use who you want? Only thing is that I would not have anyone write a letter that stated "I am related to <Joe Blow> and hereby . . . " Just have them write that they know Joe Blow for x years and attest to the belief that Joe Blow is a thoughtful, responsible citizen who you would trust with firearms, etc.

That's a very good point. Life in the PRM has me over-analyzing everything and asking for permission. I'm still breaking the indoctrination.

Then again, one could challenge the fabrication and imposition of such a "requirement" as letters of recommendation.

Especially in light of the latest recommendations AGAINST the practice in the latest MCOPA journal.

But that's just me.[devil]

Scriv, just realize that for a local chief to even see that write-up, they have to be members of MCOPA (or go to the effort of going to the MCOPA website to read it).

MANY chiefs/towns are NOT MCOPA members for various reasons and thus will never see that article. I suspect that the worst players may well fall in this category.

Somewhere on MCOPA's website they used to list exactly who was a paying member of MCOPA. Haven't looked in a few years, so no idea if it is still there or not.

A noble sentiment, unsupported by fact in my experience. When a judge upholds a denial of a RENEWAL with NO change in circumstances, based upon a TRO vacated 12+ years ago - and in which that SAME judge ALLOWED the subject of the RO to keep his FID Card and guns, the idea that a few letters will sway the court strikes me as exceedingly optimistic.

Give them 4 letters when they asked for 2 and they'll ask for 5 the next time.

Notarized.

With a list of people they WON'T accept letters from.

Accommodating baseless, and even unlawful, requirements encourages further abuse.

Which is why I won't do it unless expressly instructed to by the client and, in which case, with specific disclaimers and reservations of rights.

Toadying to bullies encourages them.

Give them 4 letters when they asked for 2 and they'll ask for 5 the next time.

Notarized.

With a list of people they WON'T accept letters from.

Accommodating baseless, and even unlawful, requirements encourages further abuse.

Exactly. Fight this BS relentlessly.

Back
Top Bottom