Citori CX

peterk123

NES Member
I'm not sure I can take it much longer. Three years I've been eyeing a citori o/u. Now that we have finally started to shoot clays, and have pursued grouse, the itch is getting worse. I'm certainly not worthy of such a quality firearm. But how often is a gun purchase based on a rational decision?

But here's the thing. I can't shoulder one because none of the shops have one in stock. I'd have to order it. I can't find one anywhere and we have a lot of shops, and a few are even Browning platinum dealers. The lop is the same as my v3. Drop of the comb and heel are nearly identical. Rib is maybe slightly higher.

There is also a citori csx that has a slightly longer lop. Really wanted to try that. It's rib is basically flush. I guess a shorter lop on the CX is better if I can't shoulder both because I can add a thicker pad if needed.

Is it nuts to order one sight unseen? It's not like this is a $300 shotgun. Btw, goddamn some of these o/u guns are costly. I guess they are not cheap to make.

This is what I'm leaning toward.
Screenshot_20240125_172856_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20240125_164453_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I'm 6 feet tall. 170 pounds. I'm probably pretty close in size to who most guns are built for.

Last edited:
I was looking at one of these too awhile back. I was able to try a friends while shooting sporting clays. Didn't care for the width of the forend. It shot well, but I just didn't care for how it felt, which I found surprising since I had rented a clapped out 725 with a bent rib and was crushing clays. I prefer my 686 and Benelli SS, but it is all personal preference, so I would high recommend trying before buying, even it that means you need to travel to a place that rents them

When I retired I was convinced that I had to have a 20ga Beretta Silver Pigeon, but nobody had them in stock. I didn’t want to just order one without fondling one first. That spring a couple guys in my dog training club both had them and let me try them. They didn’t fit me at all. I wasn’t looking straight down the rib, I was looking more down at the rib. The comb was too high which put my eye too high above the receiver. I then tried Browning and it fit me like a glove. I eventually found and bought a 20ga 725 Citori Field. Fits me perfectly. I shoot it better than any of my other shotguns. Fit matters.

If I remember right your in Montana. I personally wouldn’t buy an o/u without having a try with it. When I was looking for one I tried a bunch until I found the one that fit perfect. Just so happens it’s the Citori your looking at. When I put it up against my shoulder and get a comfortable cheek weld I’m looking perfectly up the rib.

I’m bigger then you thou. 6-1, 240lbs and I wear a 35” sleeve. For me it just works.

If I remember right your in Montana. I personally wouldn’t buy an o/u without having a try with it. When I was looking for one I tried a bunch until I found the one that fit perfect. Just so happens it’s the Citori your looking at. When I put it up against my shoulder and get a comfortable cheek weld I’m looking perfectly up the rib.

I’m bigger then you thou. 6-1, 240lbs and I wear a 35” sleeve. For me it just works.
Ya, I'm just gong to wait and try guns as they come in to the shops. I'd like to get this right. The v3 has been rock solid for now. I think it's time for me to try out an actual trap shoot. I'm hitting doubles now using our launcher.

Did I tell you guys how much fun I'm having? Over the top.

Back
Top Bottom