Browning Citori's

PatMcD

NES Member
I just bought a Browning O/U. It's a Citori "Special trap Edition". 30" barrels in a hard Browning case. I can't find out any information about it. All I know is that it looks basically like my buddy's XT, except his cost $2600 and this one was only $850.

Special trap was made from 95-99... I don't know what was special about them.
they came with montecarlo style comb also had adjustable comb opption.
Early models had fixed choke barrels and later invector chokes and I believe ported barrels on some late models...also had I high rib opprion. Great gun no matter.
Browning hard fitted cases run 200.00 easy. I will pm you the bluebook details when I get on my home Pc. I have a over load of Browning citori info stuck in my head. A little over year researching before I purchased a citorixt for trap....

This one has the adjustable comb and invector chokes. Not a super-high rib, but higher than on a hunting gun.

What I cant remember is if at certain points in production if the opptions became standard or special order. The invector plus chokes where available in 1992 but not on the special? Blue book has it at 1300@100% less 20% for fixed choke and low rib non adjustable comb.
I have not met a citori I did not like. They all seem to point well. Also citori 's wear in not out.

Congratulations on your new purchase. I own a Browning 525 and it is a wonderful firearm to shoot Trap with - finely balanced and handles great! [grin]

Back
Top Bottom