Citizens stopping active shootings - the FBI plays with the statistics.

Maxrobot

NES Member
"While the FBI claims that just 4.6% of active shootings were stopped by law-abiding citizens carrying guns, the percentage that I found was 35.7%."
"Last year, the CDC became the center of controversy when it removed its estimates of defensive gun uses from its website at the request of gun control organizations." "The CDC’s estimates were subsequently taken down and now lists no numbers." "The FBI defines active-shooter incidents as those in which an individual actively kills or attempts to kill people in a populated, public area. But it does not include shootings that are deemed related to other criminal activity, such as robbery or fighting over drug turf. Active shootings may involve just one shot being fired at just one target, even if the target isn’t hit." "The Crime Prevention Research Center numbers tell a different story: Out of 440 active-shooter incidents from 2014 to 2022, an armed citizen stopped 157. We also found that the FBI had misidentified five cases, usually because the person who stopped the attack was incorrectly identified as a security guard."

It happens, law-abiding citizens stopping criminals with guns, I mean. No idea what the percentages are.

Just in the past week, cases include home invasions in Louisiana, Illinois, Iowa, South Carolina and other places, and even a bear attack. All handled by someone thankfully armed with a gun for defense. Maybe there are back stories that show the shooters are awful people. I don't know.

Here's a few:

Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks says angler kills grizzly bear in self-defense in the Tom Miner Basin (article doesn't mention the gun. Maybe 9mm?)

"While the FBI claims that just 4.6% of active shootings were stopped by law-abiding citizens carrying guns, the percentage that I found was 35.7%."
"Last year, the CDC became the center of controversy when it removed its estimates of defensive gun uses from its website at the request of gun control organizations." "The CDC’s estimates were subsequently taken down and now lists no numbers." "The FBI defines active-shooter incidents as those in which an individual actively kills or attempts to kill people in a populated, public area. But it does not include shootings that are deemed related to other criminal activity, such as robbery or fighting over drug turf. Active shootings may involve just one shot being fired at just one target, even if the target isn’t hit." "The Crime Prevention Research Center numbers tell a different story: Out of 440 active-shooter incidents from 2014 to 2022, an armed citizen stopped 157. We also found that the FBI had misidentified five cases, usually because the person who stopped the attack was incorrectly identified as a security guard."

Is he really surprised the FBI is fudging data on armed civilians stopping mass shootings? 😂

It happens, law-abiding citizens stopping criminals with guns, I mean. No idea what the percentages are.

Just in the past week, cases include home invasions in Louisiana, Illinois, Iowa, South Carolina and other places, and even a bear attack. All handled by someone thankfully armed with a gun for defense. Maybe there are back stories that show the shooters are awful people. I don't know.

Here's a few:

Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks says angler kills grizzly bear in self-defense in the Tom Miner Basin (article doesn't mention the gun. Maybe 9mm?)

Was the grizzly armed?

In order to fix the percentages, I guess we will need to let more shooters run up the body count before interveining. That way more stopped shooters qualified as "mass shooters".

Is he really surprised the FBI is fudging data on armed civilians stopping mass shootings? 😂

Not even slightly. It seems most people are completely unaware about this incident, which is truly crazy.

Undercover FBI agents "investigating" a couple of "radical" Muslims, encourages them to shoot up an event in Garland, TX. They oblige. The FBI agent was quite literally there on scene right nearby recording them when they attacked. Fortunately, a cop working security was able to shoot and kill both when they started shooting. An unarmed security guard was hit, but survived. The FBI agent who was watching this all then sped away. Police, (unaware the feds were involved) chased that vehicle down and pulled them over, which is how they then found out. The FBI then lied about having any knowledge of any potential attack.

You literally had FBI agents both convincing people to commit an attack, watch and record them committing the attack, then doing nothing to stop it and fleeing the scene! As the guy who got shot said, "If this is the FBI strategy, it's a bad strategy."

1694113910747.png

Had an interesting dream last night where two people kicked in my front door. One had about a 4" pocketknife and the other a long 1/2" drill bit (????) --don't ask, it was a dream... I ordered them to the floor, but instead they charged me. The gun wouldn't fire in the dream, but what I did do was ram the end of the barrel into knife-guy's ribcage. Drill-bit guy was on me shortly after and it was all hands-and-feet after that. I won, but I got a good mid-grade ass-kicking out of it the process. Knife guy got up and came again, but I was able to get to another room and grab a backup rifle and then 4 or 5 shots ended the ordeal after he kicked in whatever door that was. I will say, a realistic and successful head shot in a dream makes a temporary mess of you psychologically. It was about a half hour after I woke up that the PTSD or whatever it was went away, because you wake up with all the adrenaline and emotions and that all has to wind down on it's own. I remember in the dream grabbing a phone to call it in thinking, "this fkn sucks......"

Not even slightly. It seems most people are completely unaware about this incident, which is truly crazy.

Undercover FBI agents "investigating" a couple of "radical" Muslims, encourages them to shoot up an event in Garland, TX. They oblige. The FBI agent was quite literally there on scene right nearby recording them when they attacked. Fortunately, a cop working security was able to shoot and kill both when they started shooting. An unarmed security guard was hit, but survived. The FBI agent who was watching this all then sped away. Police, (unaware the feds were involved) chased that vehicle down and pulled them over, which is how they then found out. The FBI then lied about having any knowledge of any potential attack.

You literally had FBI agents both convincing people to commit an attack, watch and record them committing the attack, then doing nothing to stop it and fleeing the scene! As the guy who got shot said, "If this is the FBI strategy, it's a bad strategy."

View attachment 793517

Haven’t heard this but it’s obvious the FBI thrives on generating incidents so it’s not surprising if some of them go wrong.

In states where that’s legal of course.
If it weren't legal, say in MA, I don't think the gun owner would mention it to the authorities.
Nor would the guy who started the actual or potential shooting.
"Hey, I was shooting the place up and this guy pointed a gun at me!"

Back
Top Bottom