Citadel RSS1 shotgun legal in Ma?

Have been eying this so I’m sure you probably can’t buy it here in commiechusetts but who knows maybe there’s a chance.

I asked 1 dealer and he said that all AR/AK copycat or variant semi auto shotguns are prohibited in Ma. but he could very well be wrong not all of them are the pillars of knowledge on the topic.

I'd say so. Try interchanging parts with an AK with the Citadel. The only thing that may possibly interchange could be the trigger group. Send it. I took one out Trap shooting back in the Fall and it was way too much fun irking the good ol' boys by hitting 46/50. If you can do your part, the gun will do its job. Very comfortable, albeit slightly short LOP for me, but functioned flawlessly out of the box with target load birdshot unlike the VR80. Several MA dealers have sold them, last I checked they were semi-hard to get, sell out of distribution quickly and get imported in relatively small batches.

Looks like a Highpoint had sex with an AR-15 and had a fat shotgun baby :D
With that said, I would love to get a Semi-Auto shottie one of these days.

I'd say so. Try interchanging parts with an AK with the Citadel. The only thing that may possibly interchange could be the trigger group. Send it. I took one out Trap shooting back in the Fall and it was way too much fun irking the good ol' boys by hitting 46/50. If you can do your part, the gun will do its job. Very comfortable, albeit slightly short LOP for me, but functioned flawlessly out of the box with target load birdshot unlike the VR80. Several MA dealers have sold them, last I checked they were semi-hard to get, sell out of distribution quickly and get imported in relatively small batches.
Well this is good news then if we can get them.. I can just search out a good price and have it transferred in.

I asked 1 dealer and he said that all AR/AK copycat or variant semi auto shotguns are prohibited in Ma. but he could very well be wrong not all of them are the pillars of knowledge on the topic.

Its not a copycat. Different piston system, different bolt, different receiver dimensions. Everything is different.

Happen to recall who you’ve seen selling them?

Happen to recall who you’ve seen selling them?

They were sold at Minuteman Armory (RIP), I've also seen them on display at Pete's Gun Shop in Adams, and in the Avid Sports booth at the last MA gun show I attended, Marlboro in September? They're out of Pittsfield, MA.

Check with the guys at the Mill if they can get one in for you. I don't normally head out to gun shops out East.

That stock looks iffy for MA, but I'm no lawyer. Is it kosher because it connects at the bottom? It still protrudes below the action and you can wrap your thumb around it. At least MA hasn't adopted CA "thumb hole" stocks as an evil feature, as I think this would technically be a gigantic thumb hole.

Don't get me wrong though. I want one and I would press right up to the letter of the law to get one. Just sucks when the law is purposefully ambiguous.

Back
Top Bottom