Christmas day, have to work (unexpectedly).. Any market (etc) open north of Boston or Downtown?

GlockJock

NES Member
Last minute call in (translation: someone called out "sick"...Sux but a job is a job, unfortunately)...I work in downtown Boston area driving in from the north of town.. I need to bring some food for the "dinner party" at work.. translation: we're all (fifteen of us) stuck .. But again, had no plans to be there.. but everyone bringing something so I have to get something somewhere at this VERY last minute. Willing to drive to a market /grocery etc anywhere near Downtown quickly.. literally anywhere driving distance..
Anyone know ANYTHING open this morning (without me having to call around etc)?

I appreciate it.

Chinese, yeah, they got tons of stuff left from last night! might be able to negotiate a good price on those egg rolls. [thumbsup]

Chinatown is open. You can get some ribs or boneless ribs at the place next to Hei La Moon right off the pike. Hei La Moon will also be open so you can order dishes

On my way right now to the traditional Christmas day Chinese dinner(?) with the kids. When I was very little I thought everyone did this, then one day I realised my family was living stereotype.

On my way right now to the traditional Christmas day Chinese dinner(?) with the kids. When I was very little I thought everyone did this, then one day I realised my family was living stereotype.

I'm jealous, I'm craving Chinese food right now. My go to non-chain places have all closed in recent years and I just can't find anywhere good to grab takeout when I'm having a craving.

I'm jealous, I'm craving Chinese food right now. My go to non-chain places have all closed in recent years and I just can't find anywhere good to grab takeout when I'm having a craving.
When I moved I learned quickly there's no good Chinese eat in or take out around here in NH, I have to go back to MA. ... got to run..

billy tse @ 240 commercial st boston is open, delivery available through grubhub.
A lot of CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens are open too. I passed at least one of each on the way in to Boston, take comfort there are a lot of us working on holidays.

Somebody's missing the point - could be me of course - but I thought this was about what many Jewish people eat on Christmas Day. Am I wrong?

I think it was originally about foraging for food from a shop keep on an Christmas Day, for an office pot luck gathering, it may have evolved at some point later.

I think it was originally about foraging for food from a shop keep on an Christmas Day, for an office pot luck gathering, it may have evolved at some point later.
What!! an NES thread drifted off subject. Unpossible

You’re silly
What's really going to be interesting is how long a thread about getting food for christmas day keeps going after christmas.

Hey OP, how did it go? What did you end up getting?

What's really going to be interesting is how long a thread about getting food for christmas day keeps going after christmas.

Hey OP, how did it go? What did you end up getting?
Smart ass. LOL

We got great food and drinks. Place never disappoints.
Last night we saw The Mule in Littleton at The Point. Grabbed some food at Taka and while it was just apps it was very, very good. So good that we are lining up dinner with various friends to give it a run for their money.
How to drop 150.00 including 19.00 movie tickets in one night. At least the large popcorn was only 4 bucks.

Since OP hasn't posted what happened, we can only assume that he showed up empty handed and they killed him and tossed his body in the dumpster.
LOL.. Nope and sorry for no update Actually a beautiful (in many more ways than one) thing happened. My Sicilian wife and my daughter both "improvised" with what we had in freezer/fridge etc, and quickly whipped up a mini-feast of Italian food and the quickly-defrosted and fried chicken parm/eggplant/meatballs etc etc was better than probably 90 percent of what I'd have gotten in takeout somewhere. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom