choices for first C&R under 225.00

Which C&R pistol for first purchase under 225.00

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mac1911

NES Member
Looking for opinions/reasons between these 3 pistols. I have not seen much of anything else in the 225.00 or less range. OK here goes

TT33 pistol in 7.72x25

CZ 82 9mm makarov

CZ 52 7.62x25

Im looking to actually use these. I would love to find a .45 just not finding them for 225.00 or less.

I have already diecided on my rifle......ordered a Garand from CMP, I may also order another SKS.....are the yugo's barrel cromed?

Any other recomendations and a possible source welcome

Last edited:
Looking for opinions/reasons between these 3 pistols. I have not seen much of anything else in the 225.00 or less range. OK here goes

TT33 pistol in 7.72x25

CZ 82 9mm makarov

CZ 52 7.62x25

Im looking to actually use these. I would love to find a .45 just not finding them for 225.00 or less.

I have already diecided on my rifle......ordered a Garand from CMP, I may also order another SKS.....are the yugo's barrel cromed?

Any other recomendations and a possible source welcome

Not much in that price range. You can get two 1895 Mosin Nagants for that price though. I doubt you can find a Makarov for that these days

I have all three of those C&R handguns and without a doubt I'd get the CZ-82 if I could only have one. Just about all 52s have a trigger slap, mine included, that limit your amount of shooting you can do before it starts to hurt. The TT33 is OK, but it's fairly boxy, if you get what I mean, and I don't find it all the comfortable to shoot.

The 82 on the other hand fits my hand pretty good, plus it's issued with Hi Cap mags and I find it a breeze to shoot. I'm sure others will think otherwise.

The 82s and TTs are getting harder to find and you may have to pay more then your price point to get one. You can get the 52 pretty easily, which should tell you something right there.

I'd go for the CZ82 also.

Yugo SKS rifles don't have chrome lined bores btw but if you get an excellent to un-issued condition one, the bore should be fine and isn't much harder to keep clean than the others that are lined.

I voted for the T-33. Everyone seems to have one or (both) of the other two.

+1 on the trigger slap on the 52's. Had one, didn't like it.

Made sure it went to a good home.

52. The 82 wreaks havoc on the webbing between my thumb and index finger such that I can't shoot more than 2 mags through it on any given session. The 52 makes a huge boom and is fun as hell to shoot.

Just bought a 9mm conversion barrel assembly for my CZ52 (that thing is a fireball with the 7.62x25 ammo - but you guys know that already...)

52. The 82 wreaks havoc on the webbing between my thumb and index finger such that I can't shoot more than 2 mags through it on any given session. The 52 makes a huge boom and is fun as hell to shoot.

That sucks. I've not had that experience with the 82. Watch this. It will happen the next time I shoot it.

Yeah, the 52 does have a big boom. The Tok round has a good pop. Does your 52 have trigger slap?

I voted for the 82. The was my first C&R purchase about a year ago and became my carry gun for about 8 months. There is a good Gold Dot load in 9mm Makarov that runs very well through it. It fits my hand much better than my CZ-52 (which by the way mine does not have a trigger slap, got lucky). I have no experience with the TT but I still will highly recommend the CZ-82 over it. Just compare it to the fact that a brand new CZ-83 (the same gun in .380/.32 auto) sells for around $450. You're getting the same thing with an extra mag and holster for less than half the price.

I voted CZ-52. Great gun. Probably not the most practical to carry, but very fun to shoot, and tends to turn heads at the range with the loud report it puts out.
News Shooter was right that you probably won't find a (real) Makarov for less than $225, but keep your eyes peeled because I got a really nice shape one from a fellow NES'er for less than that.

45 collector, could you clearify "real CZ 52" Are the ones being advertised in the C&R type dealer catalogs something different.....they run from 190-225?

45 collector, could you clearify "real CZ 52" Are the ones being advertised in the C&R type dealer catalogs something different.....they run from 190-225?

Check my post again. What I meant by "real" Makarov is that some guns such as Czech CZ-82, Polish P-64, and Hungarian PA-63 may be advertised as being Makarovs, but they are not. They only share the same chambering (9x18mm) as the true Makarovs. "True" Makarovs were made in Russia, East Germany, Bulgaria and China. Check out www.makarov.com, they have tons of info on Makarovs, other designs mentioned above, and CZ-52's as well.

got it, thanks.......I have been looking through many web sites on these guns. I found a CZ82 with a nice holster mag pouch cleaning kit 2 mags. Just need to dig out the wallet!?!

Back
Top Bottom