Chipmunk hunting in MA?

The rule for both is the same, know what's behind your target. Although shotguns have numerous projectiles, the effective range us fairly short.

OPEN SEASONS
The following species may be taken year-round (except during shotgun deer season) by licensed hunters with no daily or seasonal bag limit: English sparrow, flying squirrel, red squirrel, chipmunk, porcupine, skunk, starling, weasel, woodchuck.
I'm surprised flying squirrels are on this list. Haven't seen one in the 8 years I've lived here. I thought they were pretty rare here in MA.

chimpmunks are very dangerous game a 22lr is a little undersized i would use at least a 45/70 or a 300m. Oh and besure to tuck your pants into your boots a pissed off chimpmunk up the pant legs is just scary. lol[laugh]

I use my sons ruger single six hunter for munks and squirrels using a revolver adds a little more challange and alot more fun to the hunt

Guess I can't use my rifle anymore in this WesternMass WMA because it's supposedly stocked with pheasant. This seems like a really dumb law to me. Who hunts pheasants or quail with a .22 anyways? And if they did, well, that's probably more challenging.
And I'm kind of surprised red squirrel is open year round without a bag limit, because they're getting kind of rare. Grey squirrels are larger and tend to squeeze them out of the environment.
I'm just ranting now, but you can't even use a rifle on these stocked WMA's for coyote or fox?? Come on people, that's really pushing it.
And why isn't coyote season open year round, they're really shrinking the deer herd, especially in the western part of the state.
Just my opinion, but MA has a lot of stupid hunting laws. Oh, did I mention that rifle should be legal for deer here. I mean, it is in CT and we have more land than them.
Just venting folks.[angry]

Hey Joe, tell the truth. You really got those chipmunks $hitfaced and they all passed out. You can tell 'cause there ain't no holes in them.[smile]

Truth is that got a good look at Joe's face and dropped dead on the spot. Poor little bastards... his mug was their last memory on this earth...

brian_peppers1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom