• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Children out sledding come across loaded gun in Malden

I had an elementary school principal in Worcester ask me to teach it, and her superintendent squashed it. No reason given.
It's funny how the people most afraid of gunz are also the least likely to educate their kids about gun safety. It's like they think if your head is deep enough in the sand the threat doesn't exist.

You would think....even if you don't like guns....you would want to educate all kids about them. Unless you live in delusion land you must realize a lot of homes have guns in them and it can't possibly hurt. Ignoring it is pure ignorance and a tragedy waiting to happen. I also personally think all kids should be be educated in basic CPR (i think they say around age 9) and how to swim.....there are just some things people should know...hell you could probably add sign language in there too for them to learn....i am sure its all better then whatever they are teaching them now

54c891ac-abfc-46e2-b2a9-60ef6045917e_text_hi.gif

Ooooh. Deeeeeep traaaaaaxxxx.

It's funny how the people most afraid of gunz are also the least likely to educate their kids about gun safety. It's like they think if your head is deep enough in the sand the threat doesn't exist.
They are so unlearned that they have absolutely no idea of what to fear.
(I'm referring to what makes found guns dangerous -
not idiot tourists on Bermuda rental mopeds
).
They are so ignorant that they don't know they're unlearned, and they have no incentive to learn.

To the "why would you need a gun sledding" comment in the article. You never know when there will be an active shooter in your area and you need to protect innocent lives from death. If that was me, I would have chosen a holster with some sort of locking mechanism especially for that kind of activity.

What you describe is Eddie Eagle program by NRA. Sadly in Eastern MA, local PDs and school boards won't allow it because of NRA or gunzzz. It's been tried and rejected.

I tried to offer NRA's Refuse to Be A Victim (not a gun seminar) for free thru the local PD in MA and it was rejected due to "NRA".

Indeed!
Friggin MA. And they make you run the NRA course for a CCW and not your own. Makes no sense. I know you can use other the NRA but that’s just the mentality of this state.😂

It's mass, didn't you see the crying, whining and hand wringing embedded in the article?

Medford is a bunch of massive c***s, he's never getting his LTC back. Unless maybe he gets a good attorney.

Poor guy will be lucky if he doesn't lose all his shit. If he is smart and doesn't get criminally charged he'll move the f*** out of this shithole and never come back.
Yup. I thought u needed to give the Chief of Medford’s daughter a unicorn to get a permission slip in that town. Lucky bastard gets to move to a free state now😂

You would think....even if you don't like guns....you would want to educate all kids about them.

Because antis dont like the fact that if you teach kids gun safety they're less likely to grow up and be antis themselves. It deteriorates their ability to sell fear to these kids later.

If you were to like make a chart of people who "understand gun safety and how guns actually work but are still anti" you wouldn't come up with a huge number of people.

Last edited:
I feel bad for the guy. He'll never see his guns again. I keep pretty good track of my shit. I also probably wouldn't have been sledding well holstered.
I'm sure most of us have had that feeling, of your stomach in your throat. When you think you may have lost something. Then you realize a couple seconds later, what you thought was in your safe door is now in a case because of the last time you went to the range. It only last a couple of seconds but it's horrible feeling.

I feel bad for the guy. He'll never see his guns again. I keep pretty good track of my shit. I also probably wouldn't have been sledding well holstered.
Maybe this will become a new trend for gunfolks...?
Instead of losing your guns in a "Boating Accident"... you lost them in a "Sledding Accident"...

“I’ve been here for over 30 years and this is the first incident of this nature that I have come across,” Police Capt. Marc Gatcomb said while recounting the shocking find. “They located a loaded 380 semi-automatic pistol that was in the snow in the area where kids were sledding.”
He's unsuitable because he lost track of his weapon.

Weapon? It was a 380. Were they concerned that a kid might laugh himself to death?

I'm surprised sledding is still even legal in MA.

soon you will need a license to sled, tube or toboggan
you already know what the requirements will be....

sledding course by accredited sledding instructor............prob $100 for 6 hr course

fingerprints
background check PP Need not apply
and of course the.......$100 fee

you will have to show your sledding license when you go

those that break the rules will end up in federal prison

Well it probably was a fully automatic 380 with a 100 round drum, loaded with armor piecing projectiles and with flash hider, bayonet, Sig Pistol Brace and long rage rifle scope that toast people when you aim it at them. :(

What you describe is Eddie Eagle program by NRA. Sadly in Eastern MA, local PDs and school boards won't allow it because of NRA or gunzzz. It's been tried and rejected.

I tried to offer NRA's Refuse to Be A Victim (not a gun seminar) for free thru the local PD in MA and it was rejected due to "NRA".

Indeed!
And yet by statute the first week of October in MA is Eddie Eagle safety week in public schools. Virtually none of the systems in the state take up the funding to offer the program.

Meanwhile kids are learning about sexual deviancy under various programs in elementary school and the DARE program is actively teaching kids how to use every kind of drugs under the sun.

Back
Top Bottom