• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chicago gun shop sees skyrocketing sales following lockdowns, crime spikes: Gun sales skyrocketed 200% at Maxon Shooter's Supplies and Indoor Range

Reptile

NES Member
Firearm sales skyrocketed at a Chicago-area gun shop following COVID-19 lockdowns and crime spikes in the city.

Dan Eldridge, the owner of Maxon Shooter's Supplies and Indoor Range in Des Plaines, Illinois – located just 20 minutes outside Chicago – told Fox News that his shop had seen more than a 200% increase in firearm sales since the height of the pandemic and stay-at-home orders.

"The addresses … where people previously felt safe in their doorman building or a townhome in a good neighborhood – suddenly they didn't, and that's understandable," Eldridge said.

"In uncertain times, reasonable people are going to take steps to protect themselves and their loved ones," Eldridge told Fox News. "For a lot of people, that meant purchasing a firearm, ammunition and the training on how to use it."

Maxon's jump in firearm sales has coincided with Chicago's increased violent crime rates. The city hit at least 800 homicides in 2021 – a number it hasn't seen in 25 years, according to the Chicago Tribune.

"Imagine yourself in your downtown condo watching the Walgreens across the street where you shop every week get looted repeatedly," Eldridge said. "That's awfully unsettling when all that stands between you and that mob is a glass door and probably an elderly doorman."

"You just feel insecure, so we did see quite a bit of that," he continued.

Eldridge's business parsed its sales data and found sharp increases in firearm purchases among women and minorities.

It's a sign people have had just about enough of this shit.
Hopefully that translate into a change of voting habits.
They let it slide till it came knocking on their door.

I have a friend who lives north (40 mile) of Shitago said even out his way it’s getting bad. They had several car jacking, robbery, etc. He also said they had 1,848 jacking in the city in 2021. I said eef that you can keep it. I had two PD visits and three phone calls from the PD last month when some rich kids decided to bust up a few mail boxes and nailed ours. They got the kids and we are getting a new mail box. How many of those car jacking ended like my mail box story? You can keep that city….I have zero interest in visiting it ever again.

I have a friend who lives north (40 mile) of Shitago said even out his way it’s getting bad. They had several car jacking, robbery, etc. He also said they had 1,848 jacking in the city in 2021. I said eef that you can keep it. I had two PD visits and three phone calls from the PD last month when some rich kids decided to bust up a few mail boxes and nailed ours. They got the kids and we are getting a new mail box. How many of those car jacking ended like my mail box story? You can keep that city….I have zero interest in visiting it ever again.

Marcuse, along with Afro-Caribbean philosopher Frantz Fanon and other radical intellectuals, proposed that elements of the lumpenproletariat are potentially leading forces in a revolutionary movement.[53] According to Michael Denning Fanon revived the term, long having been disappeared from left-wing discourse, in this book The Wretched of the Earth (1961).[24] He defined the lumpenproletariat as the peasantry in colonial societies of the Third World not involved in industrial production who are unaware of the dominant colonial ideology and are therefore, "ready, capable and willing to revolt against the colonial status quo for liberation." He described them as "one of the most spontaneous and the most radically revolutionary forces of a colonized people."[54]

Greetings from greater Chicago ... I'm the fellow who lives about 40 miles north of the city's downtown area. Everything Quiller says is true ... and all of it is a damned shame. In all fairness, a significant amount of the violence is concentrated in a few south- and west-side neighborhoods, but at the same time, a lot of the insanity has spilled out into other areas previously regarded as "safe".

There's no two ways about it .. the city is a mess. 90+ years of lefty / Dem control have lead to the mess. That's not to say the Republicans would have done a better job, but it is clear to me the Dem / Leftist policies have failed the city and its residents. And yet, the residents keep voting for more of the same. I'm certain that when I hit the age of retirement, I will leave the state of my birth, but don't yet know where I'll go, but let me get back on point.

North of me is the thriving shit-hole of Waukegan. Lots of gang-bangers of various stripes up there. These thugs think nothing of coming south as they know the "North Shore" is loaded with lots of easy marks. So as Quiller points out, I'm getting "squeezed" from the north and south.

Re: the 1848 car jackings .. ~6 years ago the number was maybe 30% of that number .. and the arrest rate back then was more than double what it is today. Courtesy of HeyJackass.com, here are the numbers:
And the numbers really headed north after a certain person of color from Minneapolis couldn't breathe ... yeah, George Floyd.

Moreover, all forms of violent crimes are on the rise, not just 'jackings. The city saw 849 murders last year
Over the last ~20 years, there were enough total shooting victims to fill every seat in Soldier Field .. that's about 70,000 seats. Much of the violence is gang-on-gang .. arguments over turf or other such drivel. Sadly there are innocent victims as the gang-bangers don't give a rat's ass about who they harm

The latest rage is when large teams/gangs "dazzling pigmented youths" all 'crash' high-end retail stores and completely overwhelm store "security". Not too long ago, a Louis Vuitton store less than 15 minutes from me was nicked by one of these crews. The thieves got away with approx. $100,000 in merchandise.

At a shopping mall about 15 minutes the other direction was a broad-daylight carjacking in a shopping center parking lot. The perps were "young men of color, armed with pistols."

Without going into specifics, I take what I regard as appropriate precautions when I leave the house. That said, I don't do anything stupid, don't go to places where trouble is more likely to be around the corner, etc., but at the same time I will not be intimidated into not living my life.

Feel free to agree with my assessments, feel free to disagree. I just call it like I see it.

Last edited:
Greetings from greater Chicago ...
You seem really plugged in to Chicago doin's,
but I want to lob two web sites here
of interest to folks in the area:
  1. CWBChicago (Stands for "Crime In Wrigleyville + Boystown", but it covers the whole city). Citizen's journalism that asks the questions that the MSM won't.
    • -and-
  2. Chicago Contrarian (a.k.a. Second City Cop). News essays by (1 active, 1 retired?) (pro-gun) Chicago cops; aimed at more than just Chicago cops.
Sorry for your troubles, stay safe,
and stay reassured that there are places to retire to where life is better.

You seem really plugged in to Chicago doin's,
but I want to lob two web sites here
of interest to folks in the area:
  1. CWBChicago (Stands for "Crime In Wrigleyville + Boystown", but it covers the whole city). Citizen's journalism that asks the questions that the MSM won't.
    • -and-
  2. Chicago Contrarian (a.k.a. Second City Cop). News essays by (1 active, 1 retired?) (pro-gun) Chicago cops; aimed at more than just Chicago cops.
Sorry for your troubles, stay safe,
and stay reassured that there are places to retire to where life is better.
AHM,
I'm reasonably safe .. living in a middle to upper-middle class suburban enclave, but have started to feel the squeeze. You sound like you may have lived here before or have ties to the region.

CWB and Contrarian are daily reads for me. Lots of good commentary on Contrarian, in addition to it being the new home of Second City Cop. I also read more the more local "Lake and McHenry County Scanner" as I reside in Lake.

As for retirement - as best as I can tell, that's at least a decade away, perhaps more. And where I land after retirement will be partly guided by where my daughter lives - she and her mother are in Arlington MA.

AHM,
I'm reasonably safe .. living in a middle to upper-middle class suburban enclave, but have started to feel the squeeze. You sound like you may have lived here before or have ties to the region.
Only a coupla long weekend visits when a friend's wife
was on 2-year international relocation there with Ernst & Young.
(He worked in an Evanston start-up).

Plus sheep-dipping in the Chicago environment in the media -
Animal House, Ferris Bueller, The Matrix. (Saw The Matrix in Chicago).

So, only ephemeral links.

CWB and Contrarian are daily reads for me. Lots of good commentary on Contrarian, in addition to it being the new home of Second City Cop. I also read more the more local "Lake and McHenry County Scanner" as I reside in Lake.
Duly bookmarked, thanks.

As for retirement - as best as I can tell, that's at least a decade away, perhaps more. And where I land after retirement will be partly guided by where my daughter lives - she and her mother are in Arlington MA.
Don't "compromise" for any residence south of the border.
You'll be jumping from the frying pan to the fire.

AHM,
If I didn't know any better, I'd say that's a pic of the MA/NH border running through the parking lot of The Pheasant Lane Mall ... what you don't know is that I escaped from The Peoples' Soviet of MA about 6 1/2 yrs ago !!! Even if My Progeny stays in MA ... I'd only settle for a border state. Good luck w/ Governor Maura !!!

Hell's Bells !! The vet's office next to Jordan's Furniture !!! Forgot about that
I wouldn't have mentioned it if there wasn't a pair of monoliths flanking the DWH.

Both of those images probably deserve trigger warnings in their own right.

Back
Top Bottom