Chester Arms and JR's Gunsmithing in NH???

Hi All,

I'm interested in buying a Ruger revolver and I looked on Davidson's GalleryofGuns website. They list two dealers in NH that have some very good prices:

Chester Arms in Chester, NH
JR's Gunsmithing in Londonderry, NH

Has anyone shopped at either store? What's your opinion of either place?

I like the usual places (Riley's, etc.) but Chester Arms and JR's prices seem to be much, much cheaper.

Thanks in advance

I've purchased several firearms from John at Chester Arms. One of the guns was ordered through Davidson's in fact, and he was the lowest price around.

He's an awesome guy to deal with and I'd recommend him to anyone.

His shop can be a bit hard to find as it's attached to his house in a residential neighborhood so I'd suggest calling first. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks Fellas. i also like the fact that Chester Arms left business cards at Sal's Pizza in Derry (we like to get pizzas from there)! I will give him a call before I order my gun.

I have made a couple of purchases from Harold at JR’s. He is a great guy and has great prices. You can’t go wrong. I will always check with him before buying anywhere else.
He will always treat you right.

I haven't been to Chester Arms, however I've exchanged e-mail a couple times and he seems to have good prices. Gene at Stateline in Plaistow has matched any price I've shown him. Gene is good people.

Another vote for John @ Chester Arms. I've bought my last 5 firearms through him. Great personal service and the lowest prices around (and no 3% credit card charge). Here's a link to his site if you don't already have it... http://www.chesterarmsllc.com

JR Gunsmithing and Chester Arms Londonderry

Both are great dealers and will treat you right. In my opinion JR's has a little lower prices but it depends on what you are buying. I will say JR'S has the lowest transfer fee in the area at $10.00. All the rest are $25.00 to $45.00
You should also check out Lee's Gun Shop. He was in Londonderry but now is moving to a new Gun Shop in Windham on RTE 28. I don't know if he has moved yet.
Stay away from AL's Gun Shop...high prices and difficult to do business with

thanks cbuxton41.

i like bob lee at lee's gun shop, but i wasn't sure if he was still in business. he had some financial issues last year and didn't seem too active for a while. i hope things have improved for him.

i will check out JR's if i need to do an FFL transfer. Thanks again for the tip.

Oh yes Bob is still in business and doing really well right now as all gun dealers are, thanks to Obama. He used to transfer for $10.00 but has recently raised it to $25.00 due to hassle created by uninformed transferees.
He still has a website www.leesgunshop.com

I went to Chester Arms for the first time a few weeks ago. John is a class act and has good prices, I would definitely recommend him. He spent all kinds of time talking with my wife and me about a carry gun for her, no pressure and we didn't feel rushed at all. She ended up not liking the gun we went to look at, but somehow it ended up following me home anyway. (It just fit my hand perfectly)

+1 for John and Chester Arms

I recently dealt with John at Chester Arms...I can't say enough good things about him. I was there yesterday and it couldn't have gone any smoother. After business, I stuck around shooting the $hit for another hour afterwards. He's got a great selection of AR parts, actually...Several Magpul stocks and other accessories in stock. Also, handguards, lowers, uppers, barrels, sights, mags, and just plenty of guns in stock.

I will certainly be a repeat customer and can definitely recommend Chester Arms for anyone.

Yet another vote for John at Chesters. He is a great guy who sells out of his basement. Make sure you call him before popping in. He doesn't have a store front.

Bob Lee of Lee's Gun shop is great as well. Same type of set up out of his house. I heard he may be trying to get a shop though.

Chester Arms and JR's Gunsmithing in NH

Yes John at Cester Arms is a great guy. Very accomodating and will do all he can to get you what you want without trying to sell you something else. Good prices also.
Bob Lee has moved his business from his house to a new shop in Windham, NH.
www.leesgunshop.com
Contact Information
Lee's Gun Shop,LLC
60 Rockingham Rd
Unit #15
Windham, NH 03087
Telephone: 603-952-4634
Facsimile: 603-952-4635
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Back