• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chelmsford police arrest armed home invader

We have more than a couple members from the sleepy hamlet of Chelmsford.

"Who is it...?"

JFC now this shit is hitting the suburbs? Hopefully the antis will be wide awake now.
Although doubtful. Guy was caught quickly by police. Nothing here involved an armed good guy citizen and victim doesn't sound like he was badly hurt.

Back in the 80's the father of someone I worked for was robbed this way in revere. He was a business owner who was in the process of renovating his home. Guy dressed as UPS carrying a box and a clipboard rang the bell. When he opened the door, the guy pulled a gun, and demanded cash. I was told by a relative of his he was paying the various contractors and laborers cash so they figure word got out somehow. Slapped him around pretty good and then brought him down to the basement, tied his hands and had him lie face down iirc. Guy thought he was about to be killed but fake ups guy left without going any further.

We have more than a couple members from the sleepy hamlet of Chelmsford.

"Who is it...?"

I wen't out in my driveway with a gun in town. It was just before Christmas just before 9pm and a car parked in my driveway, No one I know drives that type of car, after a minute guy gets out and goes to the trunk... WTF. Holstered my gun off the side table and went out. I go around the side of the car see a kid in a red sweat suit leaned in the trunk. I ask what he is doing and claims he works for amazon. I said to him, you really need to think about how this looks you are coming to a house unannounced, late, in a random car, and are digging in your trunk.

This is why I’m constantly telling the wife and kids I don’t give a f*ck if it’s a guy with a badge, trump, Jesus, or God himself it doesn’t matter. Dad opens the door unless we know them. And if I’m not home and if there’s not a marked cruiser, fire engines out front you tell them to pound sand.

Had a random guy in the cell phone parking lot at Logan searching for jumper cables a couple of weeks ago. He was met with resistance.

My driveway might have been downright scary.

I wen't out in my driveway with a gun in town. It was just before Christmas just before 9pm and a car parked in my driveway, No one I know drives that type of car, after a minute guy gets out and goes to the trunk... WTF. Holstered my gun off the side table and went out. I go around the side of the car see a kid in a red sweat suit leaned in the trunk. I ask what he is doing and claims he works for amazon. I said to him, you really need to think about how this looks you are coming to a house unannounced, late, in a random car, and are digging in your trunk.

It’d be badass if you presented yourself to that idiot like this:

Video at 5:40

View: https://youtu.be/ruzoVuDtsew

Everything's under control.

"Chelmsford Police Chief James Spinney called the incident "a violent and unprovoked assault" and said the department was "confident" that there was "no threat to the community as a whole.""

Yep as a Chelmsford member, we are not that far from Lowell..Keep a good dog, security lights, cameras, and your favorite flavor of home defense weapon handy for those late night bumps in the night.

Grew up in Chelmsford- shocked in how many townies are on this board.

When I first saw this I thought it'd be around the methadone clinic on Steadman- break ins have gone through the roof in that area since Lowell put it in.

Yep as a Chelmsford member, we are not that far from Lowell..Keep a good dog, security lights, cameras, and your favorite flavor of home defense weapon handy for those late night bumps in the night.
This. If someone rings my bell, Captain a**h*** is in the window right next to the doorbell telling them they're gonna die if someone with opposable thumbs let's him out.

Grew up in Chelmsford- shocked in how many townies are on this board.

When I first saw this I thought it'd be around the methadone clinic on Steadman- break ins have gone through the roof in that area since Lowell put it in.

Yep and the PD are pretty agressive around the Westlands about keeping an eye on things during the day..But the the PD can't be everywhere everytime. I had to be pretty obvious about where I put security cams so the glowing red light can be seen from at least 20 yards away.

Yep and the PD are pretty agressive around the Westlands about keeping an eye on things during the day..But the the PD can't be everywhere everytime. I had to be pretty obvious about where I put security cams so the glowing red light can be seen from at least 20 yards away.
Technically speaking, this incident happened in North Chelmsford. So special they have their own post office.
I have no skin in the decades old Chelmsford/NoCho debate.
There is a difference between the two peoples tho.

Disguised as the UPS guy. Nice gig
UPS uniform has its advantages when the victim manages to summon aid.

... a car parked in my driveway, ... I ask what he is doing and claims he works for amazon.
I know a guy who chased off an actual tax assessor
that was walking around his house.

I think his assessment is an estimate.
(Pro-tip: Don't bring a clipboard to a 1911 fight).

I had to be pretty obvious about where I put security cams so the glowing red light can be seen from at least 20 yards away.
I hear blue lights actually get more attention.

Yesterday, watched a shitbox stop across the street, an individual of color get out, dressed shabbily, open the trunk, and proceed to place an Amazon box on the porch. This guy knew I had eyes on him, i has just pulled up.
He took a pic of the box on the porch, then drove away, trunk still open.
I didn't know they were using free lancers

Yesterday, watched a shitbox stop across the street, an individual of color get out, dressed shabbily, open the trunk, and proceed to place an Amazon box on the porch. This guy knew I had eyes on him, i has just pulled up.
He took a pic of the box on the porch, then drove away, trunk still open.
I didn't know they were using free lancers
Yeah been that way for a while. Had a box delivered on a Sunday by an Arab looking guy in a Camry a few years ago.

I read this story and am wondering why the hell a dude from Boston would randomly pick an apartment in N. Chelmsford for that. Lots more to this story.

Back
Top Bottom