Check out my 500

I took this picture with my cell phone after shooting some clays in Barnstable, I like it, so I figured I'd share with the class:

1001081655.jpg

Mossberg 500A 12 gauge, TruGlo 40mm red dot, and a pistol grip stock from a manufacturer I can't recall. I got the stock a while ago, before I was privy to collapsible stocks. I probably would have gone collapsible, but even still, it's a definite improvement over "stock" haha. Just an excuse to get another one, right?

This is definitely one of my favorite guns of all time, the second to join my collection and I love how versatile it is, built like a tank and eats up everything from bird shot to magnums and slugs without a hiccup.

[cheers]

Nice pickup bed and clay tosser. I'd suggest taking a pic where we can actually see the shotty. [laugh]

Just kidding ... I think.

Haha, well it was more of an "overall message" type of picture, I sent it to my friend to taunt him that I was at the range and he wasn't, haha. I can take a better one focusing more on the gun itself if you'd like. [wink]

So whats it like shooting clays in the air with an optic?

It was a little tough at first, but I got used to it pretty quick. I'm not a super shot to begin with, haha, but I like it. I think a different reticule would help, this is just a dot.

I'm wondering the same. And how many rounds through it with that TruGlo on it? Is it holding up?

I think there are about 150-200 rounds through it, no problems as of yet. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom