• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chat feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntomsw

Banned
Is there a way to get a chat feature like Facebook has, like an instant messenger?

Would be a lot faster then sending PM's back and forth, if you need answer right away.

Just a thought.

You can list your IM accounts in your profile.

You can list your IM usernames for AIM, Skype, etc in your profile.

It would be cool to have a "chatbox" for realtime multi-user discussion, that's a popular feature on some forums.

Isn't there a AIM yahoo..ect ect you can link under your avatar?...if if is. Just use that.

I don't us AIM or Yahoo. Why would I want another account somewhere?

I just thought it would be something to implement here. I bet it would be pretty popular.

I don't us AIM or Yahoo. Why would I want another account somewhere?

I just thought it would be something to implement here. I bet it would be pretty popular.
Heck I don't even use FaceBook. Gotta admit though a "chat feature" could definitely be useful at times.

I wonder how difficult to implement a feature like that would be. I'm computer illiterate and am clueless. But a feature like that would be a definite upgrade.

Well from my experience on NES . Even some posts get closed because some NES members feel they have to chime in with flack, trash talk & bashing!! I cain't imagine how a chat group would be possible!

Just sayin'

I didn't say a chat group or chat room.

An instant message feature where you could talk to 1 person at a time, and no one else. Or you could have 4 little windows open at a time. Again, just like the facebook chat window.

An instant message feature where you could talk to 1 person at a time, and no one else. Or you could have 4 little windows open at a time. Again, just like the facebook chat window.

Would be cool. I remember seeing it on another forum, not sure if vb tho

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Yep. Totally agree. Most forums have chatboxes too. Don't worry derek, I still love you. Just sayin. [laugh]

I'm ready for everyone's NSFW chat/pictures/video. Send it.

I have seen it on other forums, although I can't remember which now. [laugh]

Over on the Marlin Owners forum, they also have a 'like' button, instead of rep points. I thought that was kind of cool as well.

It would be so awesome that I would disable it the moment it was turned on.... Lol. Most of the folks here that like that sort of thing are already using FB chat/AIM etc so it'd be kind of duplicitous.

-Mike

It would be so awesome that I would disable it the moment it was turned on.... Lol. Most of the folks here that like that sort of thing are already using FB chat/AIM etc so it'd be kind of duplicitous.

-Mike

remember that offsite chat thing hiltionzer setup? yea think of how off the rails that was, what would happen if that was here? Full retardation....................FULL RETARDATION

Why not just use gtalk?? Doesn't everyone have a gmail account already??

Looks like there MIGHT be some chat functionality in the software already. No idea how much extra server load it would represent though. It might not be an option (currently) due to the servers in place.

IF it's going to be enabled, it should ONLY be for green members. Of course, doing this might also make an increase in the cost of staying green... You have to remember, it's more than just flipping a switch for such things.

How many times do I have to say I am not talking about an open chat room? What's so hard to understand?

I am talking about a chat window like facebook. You talk to 1 person, and 1 person only.

Let me know if I need to say it 5 more times. [rolleyes]

Haha I'd pay the extra just to see what crazy sh*t atilla would post in a open chatroom lmaooo

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Weird, I'm sure he never has to pay for anything. In fact, nevermind.

And this is the quote from the little ninja girl. Ha, yeah... A public chat is a great idea.
[rofl]

How many times do I have to say I am not talking about an open chat room? What's so hard to understand?

I am talking about a chat window like facebook. You talk to 1 person, and 1 person only.

u mad bro

I know what you were talking about. PMs are private. But most of mine are always between multiple members so I'm used to the NSFW content.

Last edited:

Just 3 more will do, just 3 more. Great idea on a chat room though. [thumbsup] [wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom