• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Charter Arms are they MA Compliant?

I tried searching for this but either no one asked about it or my search ability sucks. But "the list" has the Charter 2000 Bulldog as legal in both finish's. But the company is now Charter Arms but the bulldogs model number is still the same. So should this still be legal? I assume it is since the model number is the same as the one on "the list" but i figured someone here could give me a definitive answer.

Last edited:
I spoke with Jim and Zero Hour and apparently there not on the "other list" because there not available for civilian sale.

They are not MA compliant. Shame. They're nice inexpensive but reliable little revolvers.
Thats what i thougth too, but everyone seems to be unsure if there not complaint because there not on the "secret list" like glocks or because there on the EOPS list as Charter 2000 and there now called Charter Arms. So i guess when the next list comes out if its changed to reflect the name change ill give it another shot

OK, as far as I know, the OLD company was called Charter Arms - the new company is Charter 2000. But I've never seen any of their guns for sale here in MA, and I didn't realize that they were on the EOPS list. Guess Herr Rielly didn't like them.

OK, as far as I know, the OLD company was called Charter Arms - the new company is Charter 2000. But I've never seen any of their guns for sale here in MA, and I didn't realize that they were on the EOPS list. Guess Herr Rielly [sic] didn't like them.

More likely that the company was already dead or dying and it never submitted the required test results.

Conspiracy theories are fun, but Occam's Razor rules.

I think that there were financial problems and that the new owners bought the carcass, but I'm not positive. It could well have happened that way.

OK, as far as I know, the OLD company was called Charter Arms - the new company is Charter 2000. But I've never seen any of their guns for sale here in MA, and I didn't realize that they were on the EOPS list. Guess Herr Rielly didn't like them.

There were Charter Arms then they became Charter 2000 then they went bankrupt and now there back as Charter Arms. When they were still Charter 2000 they were MA legal, because my buddy bought one, but now that there Charter Arms there not MA compliant. So who knows, all I know is I can't buy a new one

Interesting... according to their website, they have at least three dealers in MA. Might want to give them a call.

Interstate Arms Corp.
6-G Dunham Rd.
Billerica MA 01821
978-667-7060

Instructional
164 Andover Street
Lowell MA 01852
508-452-8450

Middleboro Gun Shop
194 East Grove
Middleboro MA 02346
508-974-5900

Interesting... according to their website, they have at least three dealers in MA. Might want to give them a call.

Interstate Arms Corp.
6-G Dunham Rd.
Billerica MA 01821
978-667-7060

Instructional
164 Andover Street
Lowell MA 01852
508-452-8450

Middleboro Gun Shop
194 East Grove
Middleboro MA 02346
508-974-5900

Interstate Arms is a Distributor, NOT a dealer. They won't sell any firearms to anyone in MA or elsewhere . . . only 01 (or equivalent) FFLs. Most of what they sell is targeted to the LE agencies and can't be sold to any citizen in MA.

I think "Instructional" may be AG Guns training division. The name and address sound familiar to me, but I'm not 100% positive.

Back
Top Bottom