CCW reciprocity the proper way?

Since the CCW amendment failed in Congress I was wondering if there is any avenue to push states to implement the same on their own?

See:

http://www.ccrkba.org/reciprocity.html

Most states have "some" reciprocation, but in my mind I can't see why all the 40 states that are shall issue don't reciprocate with all other states that are shall issue?

Perhaps it's a good time to push the NRA, GOAL, GONH etc to see about doing this on a state by state basis (where it belongs). No need to get the Feds involved at all.

Going to write a letter or email to the NRA myself...

Missouri is one of the few states that does this now. They do not issue non-resident permits, but recognize any other state's permit. I am not sure how they handle Vermont.

Some states recognize all permits who are equal to or more strict than themselves. For example, I didn't get Texas reciprocity with my home state of NH, but I got it with an out of state permit from MA. The reason is, NH requires no training, fingerprinting, or pictures.

Why not have a system where the states all have the same requirements and share a permit. Make the permit more expensive (covers pilgrim's issues) but this way one permit, many states and they all have access to the system to verify permit validity when needed. They can call it the confederated concealed carry permit...

If NH is labled simple to get a LTC and doesn't involve much work, I wonder why it doesn't honor a MA issued license.

If NH is labled simple to get a LTC and doesn't involve much work, I wonder why it doesn't honor a MA issued license.

Except for VT, not one single New England state will honor any of the other's permits. Lotta money down the drain for each state if they started playing nice. To each his own kingdom.

Because MA will -NEVER- recognize an NH permit, so why should NH give MA residents a free ride?

It's called reciprocity for a reason- it means that both sides are getting something out of the deal.

-Mike

This is usually done by agreements between the states (we'll recognize your permit if you recognize ours). Because Mass is governed by a bunch of assh*le anti-gun liberals, Mass doesn't recognize any out of state permits. So, with few exceptions, other states do not recognize the Mass permit.

Last edited:
Why not have a system where the states all have the same requirements and share a permit. Make the permit more expensive (covers pilgrim's issues) but this way one permit, many states and they all have access to the system to verify permit validity when needed. They can call it the confederated concealed carry permit...

If minors, as those who are not of sufficient age to obtain the CCCP are able to obtain a Federation Firearms Identification Card with ease, I could be drafted into this plan. Even against my will! [wink]

If minors, as those who are not of sufficient age to obtain the CCCP are able to obtain a Federation Firearms Identification Card with ease, I could be drafted into this plan. Even against my will! [wink]

The FFID is only available to those minors in the ACORN and Obama Youth Programs. All other children must report to the camps. [smile]

I think the real problem is that "permits" or "LTCs" are considered Constitutional in the first place. Get our founding document upheld and there won't be any issue of reciprocity anymore. Maybe I'm just an idealist.

Back
Top Bottom