• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Caution blind man shooting

Well as some of you know, your eyesight greats a little weak when you get older. So this morning I go the range with my 27yo . When I get there my prescription shooting glasses are missing and all I have is a pair of real cheap reading that I buy by the dozen. .So I go to the line with my Sig220 and just concentrate on lining up the sights with my reading glasses . Now the target is at 50ft and it's a little blury but I can see the center. 5 bull eyes and 2 very close. Now I think no way and take my new 1911 that I just got about the same thing 4 bulleyes and 3 close by and I'm in shock. HA HA I shoot better with 3 dollar reading glasses than $300 prescription shooting glasses.

Sweet! But since all you could focus on was the sights, you were able to group very well. The target should always be a blur behind your front sight post.

This statement says it all " target is at 50ft and it's a little blury but I can see the center"

My eye sight is perfect, but when Im shooting the above statement is how the target appears to me. The reason being is Im focused on my sights, I let the bullets find the target. :D

derek, I can still remmber those days when I had perfect eye sight. One morning I woke up and said I need longer arms to read the paper. When I shoot with my shooting glasses I see the target perfectly,while the sights are blurry. There seems to be no good answer. I hate to wear bi-focals and have to keep lowering and raising my line of sight. If other blind guy has figured out how to handle this problem please tell me.

Derek's right. Regardless of your eyesight or glasses, the target should always be blurry and the front post in focus if you are target / bullseye shooting.

Bugs100 said:
derek, I can still remmber those days when I had perfect eye sight. One morning I woke up and said I need longer arms to read the paper. When I shoot with my shooting glasses I see the target perfectly,while the sights are blurry. There seems to be no good answer. I hate to wear bi-focals and have to keep lowering and raising my line of sight. If other blind guy has figured out how to handle this problem please tell me.

Bugs,

If you can make out the target without glasses, even if it is blurry, all you have to do is aim centermass with clear sights and you will be in and around the 10 ring all day long. I would continue to practice that way, it's the correct way.

Back
Top Bottom