• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

...casings ejected into my face...

I was shooting a rented Sig p226 in 9mm and the casings were ejecting straight into my face. It shot nice and i got great groupings at 25 feet but did i mention that the casings were ejecting directly into my face! While shooting a 14 roung mag I had 11 of them bounce off my face and into my half unzipped vest. I've shot a couple of 226's and I've shot this one at AFS a bunch of times and have never had this happen before. When I was leaving I got talking to Jeff and just forgot to ask him about it. Does anyone here have any ideas why this may have happened and tips for future avoidance. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Prop

My 228 did the same thing for several hundred rounds before it stopped. It was worse with weak ammo and better with hot rounds. Now it's not a problem at all.

However if this one is well broken in I'd suspect something may be wrong with the ejector.

The only thing the user could do that might cause it is limp
wristing, and even then a P226 shouldn't really be doing that. My P226 will
eject brass so consistently that I could literally put a 5 gallon bucket, or even
a paint can in a given spot and catch 75%+ of the brass that falls
down. Basically if a plane jane P226 is doing that kind of crap, it is
broken.

I have a Glock that did this with remarkable consistency... it took a trip to the
factory to get it rectified. Not sure what they did but it fixed it.

-Mike

I have a Sigma that did that all the time. It was a combination of some limp wristing and a screwed ejector. Now it just does it half the time.

The rentals there definatly need some work. I started my session with a S&W 5903 and the slide wouldn't lock after my 3rd mag and there was no indication that the mag had been inserted properly (no sound, no click). There were no ejection problems and I definatly don't limp wrist. I just wasn't sure if this was common for a 226.

My P226 will
eject brass so consistently that I could literally put a 5 gallon bucket, or even
a paint can in a given spot and catch 75%+ of the brass that falls
down.

+1. sounds like it needs cleaning or repair.

did you tell the guys behind the counter about it?

After the second mag of it I moved my stance and hands a bit so the casings would miss my face. I shot a while more and then on my way out I got to talking to Jeff at the counter and just plain forgot to bring it up.

Back
Top Bottom