Carry ammo for my new Kahr k9 which one???

I have become a big fan of Federal HST. It is reasonably priced and has
a nice blend of penetration and expansion. Look online and you will see
some good info. At $18/50 I can actually practice with my carry ammo. I'm
not a proponent of +p+ (or even +p) in anything less than a fullsize
pistol as your follow up shots are slower and fliching needs to be controlled
unless you devote plenty of time to practice.

F

First off, you need to buy a couple of hundred rounds of basic FMJ ammo to run your pistol until it is well broken in and can be declared reliable with it.

Then you need to buy a another hundred or two of your chosen self defense hollow point to make sure your pistol will reliably digest it. To make sure the bullet's profile and your gun's feeding geometry play well with each other.

Once all that is good and happy, you are set stake your life on it.

First off, you need to buy a couple of hundred rounds of basic FMJ ammo to run your pistol until it is well broken in and can be declared reliable with it.

Then you need to buy a another hundred or two of your chosen self defense hollow point to make sure your pistol will reliably digest it. To make sure the bullet's profile and your gun's feeding geometry play well with each other.

Once all that is good and happy, you are set stake your life on it.

I am not one to put alot of faith into testing 100+rds of carry ammo becuase in all honesty you can run 100+ throw on the range then in a gun fight you my get a FTF or jam, I am more into training to be ready for that. With glocks or kahr I not worried, if this was some cheap pistol I my test it more but then again I wouldn't carry a cheap pistol.

But this is a used kahr so well past the break in and I put 200rds of ball throw it and 50rds of gold dot using both mags and not one miss feed or FTF so I am very happy with that. Just looking to see which ammo you guys like in a short barrel like the kahr right now I have both mags with 147 gold dot.

All the ammo I have is great stuff and with summer I was leaning to the 147gr in winter I would be looking at +p or +p+ seeing this is mass and everyone layers up.

Speer Gold dot 124 gn, or 124 gn +P. Period, end, ding fries are
done. Just make sure the gun runs them properly. (My MK9 had no problem
eating std pressure 9mm GDHP, so the K9 will probably do okay, but is always
best to test. )

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom