Carried for the First Time...

Well on Thursday I decided it was time to buy a holster and start carrying.

I have read many other posts where guys say it was fantastic.....I would have to agree. I am still getting comfortable with it, I know I need to buy a few larger shirts just so there is no concern for printing, but all in all, the first few days went pretty smoothly.

The holster I picked up was:

Galco Summer Comfort - IWB

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=3608&GunID=490

I have it for my Sig Sauer - P6

It's a little heavy but other than that, it was comfortable. I was able to sit and move around without it bouncing or feeling awkward and I never felt like it was going to fall out or bounce out. I was able to drive with it, and I was surprised that it didn't make me have to really change how I sat in my seat in the car. First drive with it on was 2hrs, so I know I won't have a problem there.

So I will admit that I did not keep one in the chamber, and I might catch grief for that, but I figured I need to get comfortable with having it on me before I go ahead and have it fully packed and ready to go. Plus I need to go to the range the practice drawing.

The P6 is not going to be my primary carry, but it's all I have at the moment.

I look forward to carrying more often and getting more comfortable with it.

Next I need to get the Wilderness Tactical Belt, should make things more comfortable than it already is.

Cheers!

[rockon]

Good on you, Wal-Mart? Every time I go to Wal-Mart and see someone eating nachos all I can think of is a new LTC holder. Don't listen to anyone criticizing you on the condition one, do it only when your comfortable, the Sig is DA so that provides more piece of mind regarding that. It took me quite awhile to get comfortable with my 1911 in "cocked and locked", I ran around for awhile with it cocked and locked on an empty camber and after seeing that it doesn't drop the hammer on its own, it's now my favorite carry gun, torpedo in the tube btw. A good belt is very important, I got a Belt Man on recommendation and it really made a difference.

Cograts on taking a big step! Now get to the range and practice drawing and shooting. You'll be comfortable carrying one in the chamber in no time. Remember a tool is only as useful as your ability to use it.

ive been carrying my sig p226 for about six months now. it has been a great experience for me. im just not comfortable carrying with one in the chamber. ill see how it goes

Hillbillie84...I have the same holster for my S&W M&P9c and recently started using the wilderness belt too. You won't be disappointed.

Definitely get a good belt. No matter what gun or holster I used, the gun would flop away and print until I purchased a proper gun belt. It is much stiffer with no flex so even a full size 1911 stays where it is supposed to be.

The best part is when it becomes so comfortable you neglect to remove it when you do your business in a public restroom, and "WHOMP CLANG", the holstered gun pulls your pants to the floor and the gun slides out of the holster towards the piss/shit marks on the floor next to the toilet. YUK! [rofl]

A good belt can help with the weight. And I def wouldn't worry about any pistol in DA going off in a holster that covers the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom