Carcano...

I was at my local shop the other day and they just got a few Carcano carbine rifles WWII era, both the calibers the 6.5x52 and the 7.35? whatever it was, anyway has anyone had any experience with one of these. they where short money so I didnt no if I should pick one up or not.

I've heard they are decent for inexpensive milsurps. I'm unsure of the caliber or model but if you recall JFK was assasinated with one. A friend of mine has one and it fires an odd bottle necked, long, skinny roundnose bullet.

My uncle Gave me one when I was a kid, found it in a dumpster one day. I no longer have it but I know who does. Now that I'm getting into C&R they will be getting a call! It was a neat bolt action. Nothing special, but you might of thought I got a million bucks when he let me have it to play "war" in our field. We never had ammo for it and we had LOTS of land. Couldnt do something like that these days tho.

Neat rifles. Ammo can be a nit hard to find as all the milsurp is 40s vintage and they both take an odd sized bullet. YOu can get both bullets and brass through Grafs and Prvi makes 6.5 and I heard they are to start making 7.35. Thry take a 6 rd Mannlicher style clip.These are still around with a little digging.

The 7.35 is tougher to find but there always seems to be some if you search gunbroker.
Some dealers stock collectible ammo and shoooter ammo.

Back
Top Bottom