Carbine match at Independent Sportsman Club

what kind of information do you need?
if you've ever shot there at one of the pistol matches Paul runs, it's the same thing, but with rifles
sign up by 9, typically 3 stages, probably need somewhere around 100-120 rounds to finish the match, cost has always been $10

if you've ever shot there at one of the pistol matches Paul runs, it's the same thing, but with rifles
sign up by 9, typically 3 stages, probably need somewhere around 100-120 rounds to finish the match, cost has always been $10

Yep, I've shot there a number of times. Was really looking for round count as I'm bringing 2 new shooters and want to make sure they bring enough ammo. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm looking for all the info. I checked the website and it is outdated with dates from last year. What is the date of this shoot? Is it a basic match, or IDPA, USPSA etc?

ALL Pistol & Rifle Shoots:
7:30am - Set Up
8:30am - Sign Up
8:50am - Shooters Meeting
9:00am - Shoot Begins

Items to bring:

Rifle, magazines, ammo for said rifle, eye and ear protection, more ammo

Some info I got from Paul.

We will NOT be shooting any steel at this match. Steel cored ammo is fine.

We will have 3 stages, and they will likely be around 30 rounds per stage, plus misses if any. Bring plenty of ammo. Bring double the amount of ammo you think you will need if you plan on entering twice.

Awesome match, great squad, can't wait to get to an other one at Indi'. Will post some video when I get them uploaded.

Had a blast! I agree that the shoots here are a well kept secret, but, the word trickles out. I'm looking forward to the shotgun match next month.

I had a dreaded double feed jam on that stage. Had to drop the mag and pull my knife to clear it. Sucked, time-wise. Fun match as always though.

Someone on squad 2 was taking video, hopefully he will post it.

Really fun match. It was nice that the rain waited until the afternoon, too.

I have been checking the score site constantly (no chance of winning though, too many awesome shooters at the match).

Really fun match. It was nice that the rain waited until the afternoon, too.

I have been checking the score site constantly (no chance of winning though, too many awesome shooters at the match).

Give the guys a break. Scores usually take a couple days and with Mother's Day, I bet people had family plans too. If you have never done scores on a match, and have not dealt with poor hand writing, people that do not add up each shooter as they score and more, you have no idea the work it takes to get them out.

Great Match, thanks to all who gave their time, this was my first match at this club and my first USPSA scored match.
I’ve been shooting IDPA for about 6 years and just started the 3-gun thing; this was my second rifle match. Iron sight rule! Well maybe not so much after the scores come out.
Scores, the bane of competitive shooters. For those that aren’t “competitors” waiting for scores is like a child waiting for Christmas. I shoot at several clubs and the club I like shooting at the best is not the nicest, doesn’t have the best facilities, doesn’t’ have the most experienced SOs/ROs but the score keeper is a competitor! The scores are posted same day.
Just to give non-competitors an idea, the “Action Rifle” page had a hit count in the 900’s yesterday, it’s at 1083 now.
The match isn’t over till the scores are posted.
Again, thanks for volunteering your time to put on the match.

David E.

Get your hand out farther on the handguard. You have an extra long one for a reason.[wink]

I was looking at the videos and pictures Kaisha took, and noticed that I didn't have my hand out as far as I would like, not sure why.

Ed, how did the JP irons work?

To be honest, I kind of like them. Fast while shooting on the move at targets within 15 feet, which is what I wanted it for. I know Dan will tell me to practice my hold over instead of adding that silly sight [wink] but it seemed to work well enough for me for now. I don't think it would be very useful on a rifle that has more recoil, though, the follow up shot would be much harder to get off.

He didn't use them that I could see [grin]

I was trying my damnedest to keep up with Rob. [smile]

Give the guys a break. Scores usually take a couple days and with Mother's Day, I bet people had family plans too. If you have never done scores on a match, and have not dealt with poor hand writing, people that do not add up each shooter as they score and more, you have no idea the work it takes to get them out.

Oh, I was not hurrying them at all. Just expressing that I was curious to see them. Sorry if my message came off upset.

I understand that it is time consuming to get them out. Once again, great match and thanks.

ITo be honest, I kind of like them. Fast while shooting on the move at targets within 15 feet, which is what I wanted it for. I know Dan will tell me to practice my hold over instead of adding that silly sight [wink] but it seemed to work well enough for me for now. I don't think it would be very useful on a rifle that has more recoil, though, the follow up shot would be much harder to get off.

Ed,
Not all matches are at close pistol distances. Remember what I said about choosing matches.

Back
Top Bottom