Can't Find FA-10 Forms

The FRB promised me my "allotment" of three FA-10 forms today.
I stopped at the Chelmsford PD, where I had to explain what it was, and was given only 3, then went up the road to Tyngsboro, where they just asked how many I needed and handed me the 6 I requested. In Dracut I had to wait for them to find someone who knew what an FA-10 was so he could tell me they were still out.

I'd never been to the Chelmsford PD before. Quite impressive. When I walked in I couldn't see anyone behind the [STRIKE]curtain[/STRIKE] darkened glass. As I tried to look through the glass a voiced crackled through the overhead speaker (it wasn't exactly a "booming" voice, but it tried), saying "Can I help you?" I looked up to the heavens and asked "Do you have any FA-10 forms?" Then an ordinary woman appeared from behind some consoles about 15 feet back and said "Any what?" I explained what an FA-10 was, and after showing me some other forms from under the counter, she was able to find three and shoved them through the slot under the bulletproof glass.
By this time, my friends, Tinman, Scarecrow, and Cowardly Lion had given up hope of finding what they wanted and left, so I clicked my heels together a few times and woke up.

Sorry, I probably should have stopped after the Dracut part. But how much longer will it be before you walk into a police station on lawful business, and have to speak into a television screen?

Are they "special" paper or something? Why can't you just print them out? The State just made PDF's of them in CT and we print them..You can actually fill them out on a PC too and print and sign them.

If they are special paper it seems like a terrible idea for something the Govt to be in charge of..

If anyone needs an FA-10 form, try a gun store.

I tried to get one at the Quincy PD last week and they suggested I try Sportsmen's Den (which is conveniently right down the road). He had some, but he has to pay for the forms, so he charged $1 to cover that cost. Other shops may have them if you ask. It actually makes sense as a customer service since it got me into the store (I bought some ammo too).

Back
Top Bottom