• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

canned repsonse form the Gov

xero2099

NES Member
i sent an email out last night this is what i originally sent

Governor Patrick,
I am sending this in regards to the Gun legislation that was introduced yesterday. Massachusetts already has some of the strictest gun control rules in the country . We do not need to follow in New York's footsteps regarding gun control. I believe that this will turn all law abiding Gun owners into criminals. I have lived in Massachusetts my whole life and have been in Somerville the last 10 years, i pay my taxes , I own a home and I vote. Please don't trample over the rights of the responsible gun owners who live in this State

today i got a response

Dear Julio:

On behalf of Governor Deval L. Patrick, thank you for your recent correspondence regarding firearm safety and legislation.

Governor Patrick believes that successfully deterring gun violence requires a multi-faceted approach and should include policies focused on guns and at-risk individuals. That is why the Governor has and will continue to push for legislation that includes a formal collaboration between Massachusetts and the National Mental Health Registry, a ban on assault weapons and a limit on the amount of guns one person can buy in a given month.

Once again, thank you for your input on this important issue. Please feel free to contact our office again in the future with any additional questions or concerns. Your comments are always welcome in this administration.

Back
Top Bottom