canik

garyz

NES Member
anyone have one, looking for opinions thinking about getting one
feels ok in my hand , but have never shot one
thx
garyz

They are excellent for the price. Great value. If I could afford the extra money though I would get the Walther P99. The Canik TP9 is a licensed Walther copy. Still an excellent, reliable, and accurate weapon with great ergonomics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love my tp9sf and I would at a higher price. Great trigger, zero malfunctions and I shoot it well.

very nice pistol. trigger is light, which for me isn't a preference. i know i'm in the minority here. agree w slapshot the TP9SF model is the way to go, as it keeps single action but ditches the redundant decocker which was on the TP9SA.

I have a black one. I really like it, fits my hand very well, better then even a m&p. I do wish there was more after market sites, the new dovetail cut for the front and rear site should make that possible. The trigger is light around 4.5 to 5 lbs, the decocker is stiff to use,if you do decock it you only need to cheat the slide back a Lillie to reset it. I think it's well balanced in the hand as well. It fits my Blackhawk holster for an M&P full size. I think for a few more dollars then a sd9ve you get a gun you don't have to do any work on to make it better.

Last edited:
I have a tp9sa. It is reliable, comfortable and the trigger is great. The gun shoots low for me. There are very few aftermarket sights available and that makes it unpleasant to shoot for me. If there was a big dot or something available it may transform the pistol for me. Other people on the interwebs don't seem to have that problem.

I've never seen one in a shop, I hate to ask but can someone tell me where to find one? I'm in MA on the south Shore but willing to go anywhere in eastern Ma.

Thanks!

And so are rugers smiths and many others. What's your point? Caniks are out there.

Oh I know, and can buy one today for 325 if I wanted but was told by 3 FFL's they cant sell them, didn't get into it because I could care less and buy from my place , but i'll ask why next time.

Last edited:
Oh I know, and can buy one today for 325 if I wanted but was told by 3 FFL's they cant sell them, didn't get into it because I could care less about Mass firearms

Really? Maybe they just don't want to do transfers of guns they aren't selling? Gartman was actually selling them at a very low price a couple of weeks ago. I paid a little higher there because I got an sf from their first batch.

Well, just in case it's not a problem...Heads up on the TP9SF Elite COMPACT, which will probably show up next year.

I've never seen one in a shop, I hate to ask but can someone tell me where to find one? I'm in MA on the south Shore but willing to go anywhere in eastern Ma.

Thanks!

I just saw a couple on Saturday at Pullman Arms in Worcester, (508) 926-8730 They had one in FDE and one in black. I believe the price was $389.00

Back
Top Bottom