• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

canik tp9sfx

btnh6668

NES Member
Just curious if anyone has had the chance to feel the trigger difference between the ma version and out of state one? The trigger and reset felt fantastic at a local shot i went to. I am just wondering if the out of state trigger is much different.

Mine came with 10 round mags (MA version ?).

Trigger is pretty great right out of the box. A fair amount of take up but light and reset is crazy good.

Can't go wrong, buy it.

there is no difference between MA version and free state in terms of the trigger. The MA version comes with 10rd magazines, otherwise the guns are identical
I just picked up my TPSFX this past week, I got the free state model with the Vortex viper red dot(minus the mags of course). As stated above the only difference are the magazines. I have to admit it’s a phenomenal trigger right out of the box, I would of never figured the trigger and feel of the gun for that matter to be so good considering how affordable it was!

there is no difference between MA version and free state in terms of the trigger. The MA version comes with 10rd magazines, otherwise the guns are identical

I have the SF regular. No difference

Sfx supposedly has an even better trigger
But im waiting til im residing in a free state to buy one. Cheaper and 20 round mags included

Broke down and bought one. Wow is thus gun crazy good out of the box. Best reset ive felt on any gun. For under $500 how is this not the best selling gun. I am extremely impressed. Thanks for the input guys.

Because its a turkish gun and not that known. To me its the best striker trigger out there and dirt cheap. Finish quality is not perfect, but the gun runs

I just picked up the TP9 Combat Elite a couple of weeks ago. Really like it so far, except for the crippled mags. After a couple of hundred rounds open sites I put on a Vortex Venom I took off my Tavor. Definitely happy with the purchase.

I have the regular SF and looking to get the elite and also the subcompact when it comes out next month I really beat the crap out of this pistol and it just keeps ticking , very accurate

Attachments

• 7E86340D-115C-40AF-9BD6-9E19D4D30C17.jpeg
    7E86340D-115C-40AF-9BD6-9E19D4D30C17.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 63
I have the regular SF and looking to get the elite and also the subcompact when it comes out next month I really beat the crap out of this pistol and it just keeps ticking , very accurate

Same here....I shoot mine a lot because its very accurate. I generally don't clean it alot....I paid like 280 dollars for the thing on a closeout deal before the prices went up.

I've got well over 10K rounds through my Canik TP9SFL... it's one rugged pistol for sure, has gone through several thousand rounds before cleaning without any malfunctions.

The trigger really is great for the price point, and it can get even better. You can replace the striker spring with a 6.5 LB Glock Extra Power Spring, Glock Reduced Power Plunger Spring, for very short money, along with a light polish of the plunger.

They rear sight is also Glock pattern incase you aren't a fan of the Warren Tactical Sights, and recent (past several years) production front sight are M&P pattern.

You could also do the FreedomSmith Racer Trigger kit, which removes the initial take up.... let me tell you, it is the BOMB. I just haven't done it yet but I've been super impressed with the ones I've handled.

I honestly can not recommend the Canik TP9SF series of pistols enough, you get so much pistol at their relatively low price point, (Combat Elite models aside)

Glad you enjoy yours!

My son was away in Utah for some Army business last year. He and a group of fellow soldiers decided to hit up the local range in their free time.

My son called me excitedly after the shoot. He sent me pics of the Canik and said we have to get this! OK... we've bought 4 so far.

Great handgun for the money. Seriously nice trigger for a striker fired handgun.

And thanks for the tips of the springs and sights. I was not aware!

He's heading back to Utah soon. I wonder how much this trip for him will cost me in new guns!

:)

I've got well over 10K rounds through my Canik TP9SFL... it's one rugged pistol for sure, has gone through several thousand rounds before cleaning without any malfunctions.

The trigger really is great for the price point, and it can get even better. You can replace the striker spring with a 6.5 LB Glock Extra Power Spring, Glock Reduced Power Plunger Spring, for very short money, along with a light polish of the plunger.

They rear sight is also Glock pattern incase you aren't a fan of the Warren Tactical Sights, and recent (past several years) production front sight are M&P pattern.

You could also do the FreedomSmith Racer Trigger kit, which removes the initial take up.... let me tell you, it is the BOMB. I just haven't done it yet but I've been super impressed with the ones I've handled.

I honestly can not recommend the Canik TP9SF series of pistols enough, you get so much pistol at their relatively low price point, (Combat Elite models aside)

Glad you enjoy yours!

I have the TP9SF Elite, it’s the 4” barrel, fiber optic sight, and 15 round magazine version. So Glock 19 size? Anyways, other than some hiccups with light target loads when I first got it, which after maybe 100 rounds worked itself out, has been 100%. Great trigger. Accurate. And cheap.

Was at the range a few times recently, shooting steel at 100 with a couple rifles, and figured I’d give it a shot with the Canik. Once I figured out where to hold was getting solid hits. And I don’t exactly shoot pistols at that distance often.

I finally got a suitable carry holster for it and have been carrying it now.

Just curious if anyone has had the chance to feel the trigger difference between the ma version and out of state one? The trigger and reset felt fantastic at a local shot i went to. I am just wondering if the out of state trigger is much different.
I shot a Canik today at MFS . I have to say I like it. Light crisp trigger and the reset was good made it really easy to group.

Very Interesting, I will have to a run over to MFS, they don’t show a canik in the armory online. I was looking a while back, do you know if they sell them, don’t show on line for sale either.

I've got a racer on it's way. Tried one a few weeks ago at a match...oh yes that's the ticket.

Very Interesting, I will have to a run over to MFS, they don’t show a canik in the armory online. I was looking a while back, do you know if they sell them, don’t show on line for sale either.

I have seen them in the showcase, not sure why it not showing online. But other local LGS should have some.

I've got a racer on it's way. Tried one a few weeks ago at a match...oh yes that's the ticket.

Got the trigger installed...I'd like to say it was a "Glock-Like" easy process but it wasn't. The microscopic pin on the takedown release was just awful to wrestle with. I'm sure I'll be much better at it the next time ;-)

The improvement in the trigger (which was nice out of the box) is pretty amazing. Trigger remains light, reset is still stupid good but now most of the take-up is gone resulting in a....dare I say 1911 like trigger feel.

Money well spent. If you are comfortable tearing down Glocks this is do it yourself install....just give some thought to how you are going to deal with that tiny little pin...I guarantee you don't have a punch that small in your toolbox ;-)

Got the trigger installed...I'd like to say it was a "Glock-Like" easy process but it wasn't. The microscopic pin on the takedown release was just awful to wrestle with. I'm sure I'll be much better at it the next time ;-)

The improvement in the trigger (which was nice out of the box) is pretty amazing. Trigger remains light, reset is still stupid good but now most of the take-up is gone resulting in a....dare I say 1911 like trigger feel.

Money well spent. If you are comfortable tearing down Glocks this is do it yourself install....just give some thought to how you are going to deal with that tiny little pin...I guarantee you don't have a punch that small in your toolbox ;-)
Just wondering if that racer trigger sat further back than the factory trigger?

Yes, I believe it does. Feels great...like it was meant to be there.
Could i ask you a small favor and measure from the front of the trigger to the back of the trigger guard. Just want to measure the difference from factory. I love mine but would be perfect if the trigger sat a tad bit back.

Here's mine. Picked it up about two weeks ago. Was a great shooter out of the box, but the freedomsmith trigger makes it exceptional. The only trigger on any pistol I own that's this good is on my 1911. Couldn't be more impressed.

20190531_120441.jpg

Back
Top Bottom