• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CANCELLED! - Pelham F&G Polar Bear Carbine Match

Folks:

We are planning on holding our IDPA-style Polar Bear Carbine match again this year on Saturday, February 9th. Please route all questions in an e-mail to [email protected]. We don't get on this site during the day and do not want to miss your question.

Two small changes from last year:

1. We are adding a precision rifle stage, to be scored separately. We will allow you to bring a separate firearm for this stage if you so desire.
2. We are squadding this match only so be sure to arrive during the registration period. If you miss the shooter/safety briefing, you will not be able to compete.

Complete information is available on the Pelham Fish and Game web site on the IDPA page.

http://www.pelhamfishandgame.com

A flyer is available at:
http://http://www.pelhamfishandgame.com/flyers/2008-pfg-polar-bear-match.pdf

Match Information:
• Located at Pelham Fish and Game Club, Pelham, NH
• Registration 8:30 AM to 9:15 AM
• Squadding and shooters meeting 9:15; first shot 9:45
• Registration will be limited to the first 50 shooters.
• 4 Courses of Fire including 200 yd precision (8 rnds)
• Cost: $20.00 ($10 for Pelham F&G Members)
• All rifles/carbines must arrive at the range cased
• PFG observes a strict muzzle-down policy at all times.
• Hot drinks will be available.

Required Equipment:
• Defensive Carbine – (e.g. AR-15, FAL, G3, AK variant)
• Long Range (100 - 200 yd) rifle or carbine for Precision Stage
• 3 spare magazines
• Approximately 100 rounds of ammunition (no steel-core or steeljacket/
magnetic bullets)
• A Sling. Tactical slings are acceptable as long as they allow the rifle to be
pointed down. (not required on Precision Stage)
• Eye and Ear Protection
• Appropriate clothing for the weather (it will be cold)
• Your Sense of Humor

Check our website after 6:00 PM Feb 8 for possible weather-related
changes.

I hope you can make it.

Best regards,
Paul DiMarco
IDPA Chairman
Pelham Fish and Game Club
Pelham, NH

Last edited:
Match may be cancelled - TAKE NOTE!

Okay, everyone interested in this match please take note!

The weather is going to suck to the point where we may have to cancel this. The forecast is for snow and rain. I was at the range last weekend doing some early setup, and it was marginal. With all the rain we've had this week, and no real time for it to freeze up, I am concerned for the safety of our competitors (and my staff).

Please go to www.pelhamfishandgame.com before you leave to come. I will make a call before Friday evening at 6 PM.

-Paul DiMarco
Cell: 603-490-7653

Match Cancelled!

I am very sorry to do this to you but we have to cancel the match. I am more disappointed than all of you because this is always one of the funnest matches of the year for me to run as a Match Director.

However, with the heavy rains this week, there is serious flooding issues that make it next to impossible to get into the bays where most of the match is going to be held. I went there late this afternoon to check it out and even managed to get my vehicle stuck up to the axles in it.

Please visit www.pelhamfishandgame.com for information on other matches we will hold. We will start IDPA off in May with a Classifier, and we have at least 1 other carbine match and a 3-gun match scheduled.

I hope to see you this spring, summer and fall. Once again, my deepest apologies.

Regards,
Paul DiMarco
IDPA Chairman, Director
Pelham Fish and Game Club

Nothing you can do about the crappy conditions- no apologies needed. You can bet I'll be at some of your other matches!

Negative on a reschedule. My personal schedule just won't allow it.

We'll plan on using some or all of these stages during a summertime carbine match. We'll call it the Grizzly Bear Match or something to that effect :)

Back
Top Bottom