• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can you say “Hunter Harrassment?”

So much civility and manners on this kid.
The way to imprudently escalate the situation
would have been the swift rejoinder,
"do you kiss your mother with that mouth?".

Kid wouldn't have understood it
(unless that repartee appears in some video game),
but the father might have been triggered.
Hence the "imprudent" part.

Put the stand back up and a camera looking at it, and if it happens again, let the EPO come and deal with it.
Hidden trailcams.
I like the cut of your jib.

sarcasm. Hence the....../s
Someone needs to brush up on internet symbols and abbreviations. /:
Cut him a break.
He thought it meant to recurse through subdirectories/S.

I can't believe the father let his son talk to the guy like that. Forget the entire context for a second. If I were that father, even if I 100% agreed with my kid that the other guy was an a-hole, I wouldn't stand there and let him run his mouth provoking a grown man like that. The guy in the video was a dick about the hunting but he mostly kept it clean at least while his son was swearing like a sailor.
Odds are the father was deterred by
the vague whispering in the back of his skull
that the driver might just be armed.

If the video ever wends its way back to the father,
he may secretly punish the kid for in effect trolling
the two adults with "let's you and him fight".

There's one moment where even I can see the kid's
face change when he realizes he's on a long leash
and think he can insult the hunter with impunity,
(figuratively) hiding behind his father.

Sen. Michael Moore, D-Millbury, sponsored the bill, S.997, at the request of GOAL. Moore was swayed by the story of Matthew Pearle, a Wareham hunter who fell 25 feet and broke his back after his tree stand was sabotaged.

According to SouthCoast Today, the cables holding Pearle’s tree stand were cut, leaving only a few wires. So the stand appeared normal, but broke when he stood on it. Pearle underwent major surgery and was expected to be out of work for six to eight months, according to the news site.

“There really isn’t a crime that covers the act that took place,” Moore said.

I have to disagree there. I think "attempted 1st degree murder" would really apply to this situation. The animal who sabotaged that stand should be in jail for life.

To be fair, we do it, too. My kid were Pro 2A from an early age.

And, the Antis don't see it as "Pawns", they're just teaching what they believe is Right to the kids.
We just don't agree on what is Right.

This is true. The thing I have the problem with is the behavior and language of the child. If my child and I saw someone disrespecting the American flag or something I would be proud of them to speak up. But do it with class! Unfortunately class is a hard thing to find on Long Island.

Back
Top Bottom