Can you build an AR through Amazon?

Yes, that's my crazy question. Yes, l know i can't get the lower there.

Still, I got a bunch of Amazon gift cards for Christmas and had been considering buying vs building an AR so I went and looked on Amazon for all the various tools and vice blocks and such when I was surprised to see everything from lower parts kits to complete uppers for sale there too.

So, my question now, as a complete AR noob (i held one once), is if anything i can get through Amazon is any good, what I should avoid, and what I should look for in particular? Should I just buy the tools and get parts elsewhere? Anyone want to help with a shopping list? Should I just go buy a complete rifle at Four Seasons and get other junk from Amazon because it will be less of a problem?

Genuinely curious if anyone thinks you can build a decent reliable budget rifle this way. And yes, before anyone says it, I will use the Comm2A Amazon link regardless of what I buy.

Thanks for your thoughts.

You won't be able to find a lower, upper, barrel or anything like that really. You can find handguards and extra stuff, but not the important things.

You won't be able to find a lower, upper, barrel or anything like that really. You can find handguards and extra stuff, but not the important things.

You can find complete upper receivers on Amazon. Not barrels but Gas blocks, sights , stocks, buffer tubes. Just make sure it isn't airsoft.

Barrels pop up from time to time. Some of them are good name brand btw.
Just be smart.

Ak-builder.com sells stuff through amazon.

I've been able to find every thing but a lower.

That's what I thought until I did a search for "AR complete upper" on there. Problem is that I can't tell the junk from the quality stuff as I've got no frame of reference except internet debates about the various manufacturers that people love/hate.

If you buy a complete upper, you really don't need any special tools.

A vice block is nice to have (assuming you're working where there's a vice (?)). But other than that, about all you need is some roll pin punches and basic hand tools.

ended up with a CMMG. i love their little color-coded drug bags for my gun parts.

i joke that two kinds of people buy really expensive shit in tiny little bags: drug addicts, and gun owners.

what ever you buy on amazon be sure to go through comm2a shop amazon link.
you will find other items at you might need to build a AR. I purchased most of my tools and things like headspace guages and such.

Got an out of spec piece of shit delta ring kit on there... Threw it in trash and shit on their review. Other than that, I've had good experience with the few parts I've gotten.

what ever you buy on amazon be sure to go through comm2a shop amazon link.

Most definitely!

So, any advice on what to look out for (both good and 'stay the hell away from this garbage') in the way of brand names and such?

How about recommendations for a good source to compare prices? I don't want to over-pay for something I could get cheaper somewhere else just because I happen to be using a gift card after all.

Anyone want to slap me and call me a fool for even considering this when I don't actually have access to a range where I can shoot it yet?

Most definitely!

So, any advice on what to look out for (both good and 'stay the hell away from this garbage') in the way of brand names and such?

How about recommendations for a good source to compare prices? I don't want to over-pay for something I could get cheaper somewhere else just because I happen to be using a gift card after all.

Anyone want to slap me and call me a fool for even considering this when I don't actually have access to a range where I can shoot it yet?

Best bet is to get most of the stuff from the same 3rd party sellers as you can so you save on shipping.
Go for name brands . Not sure about a brand ask.

OP...where do you live? I've got a backyard range, and I like teaching mf'rs the Marine Corps way (by hazing of course)...I'll help you keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you're ready to fire...or else you'll be doing burpees til the cows come home!

Back
Top Bottom