Can you believe the hypocricy?

June 2, 2009. The United States Government is establishing a neighborhood watch program. They are granting residents 3 weeks training with AK47’s to protect their family and homes, basic security training, government issued assault rifles and continued supervision to help secure neighborhoods. Residents that participate are compensated with a monetary stipend and their community gets funds for further development.

Local government officials say, “This will be successful because people in the community defend themselves through their own hands…” US Special Forces commanders say, “It’s that perception of security that’s allowing the people to feel a change in their environment… That allows for the perception of security to continue, and the population now takes responsibility for their own security.”

Where is this happening? Wardak Province, Afghanistan.

That’s right. In times when US citizens fear that rights to bear arms are at risk from being taken away by our legislators, our very same government’s military arm is handing firearms (those dreaded “assault weapons” no less), training, and money to residents in other countries to defend themselves from “the bad guys”. Ironic? Yes.

Lawfully armed citizens of the United States have to fight legislation against firearms-related bans almost every day on the Federal, State and local level. In one breath US government officials say guns are the problem in Mexico and are why crime is so prevalent. In early 2009 this kick-off argument was used to test the waters for restricting or in some cases banning US citizen’s right to individually bear arms. Yet in another breath our US military is condoning, supporting and supplying foreign residents with the very same assault weapons for personal protection that legislators claim are “the problem” in Mexico and on our own soil.

That begs a ridiculous but pointed question. Why don’t we simply create legislation in Afghanistan to make all guns and explosives illegal? The Taliban will be forced to surrender their weapons and explosives and everyone will be safe, right? Hmmmm, not sure it works like that. It doesn’t seem to be working for Mexico. That is why anti-firearms legislation will NEVER work as a tool against crime in the US either.

All it takes is a look at our neighbors (Mexico) or across the globe (Afghanistan) to understand that an armed public is the key to a secure and TRULY free nation where individual liberties and freedoms are secure from those who would deprive us of them.

Quotes courtesy of June 2, 2009 NPR Article titled “U.S. Helps Afghans Assume Control Of Local Security” http://www.wbur.org/2009/06/02/afghan-security

[hmmm] <-- my shocked face...

yeah, because Armed citizens DO prevent crime and attacks.

unless of course those armed citizens are USA citizens that have the very best intrests of THIS nation in mind. [rolleyes]

Just to add fuel to the fire....I bet those AK47's are full auto or select fire! I suspect that there is no shortage of cheap ammo for them either.

Just to add fuel to the fire....I bet those AK47's are full auto or select fire! I suspect that there is no shortage of cheap ammo for them either.

that's the first thing that came to my mind too. I wonder if they'll set up some sort of licensing bureau over there [rofl] maybe they'll set up a forum and have a thread including all the green red and black villiages according to willingness of the "chief" to give out ALP AK-47 permits [thinking]

Idiots....

Although I can concede that the idea has some merit (ignoring the shear hypocrisy of the situation), I seem to remember that we gave certain folks in Afghanistan weapons back in the 1980's. I recall that that didn't work out too well for us.

The old ignore history, doomed to repeat it phrase comes to mind.

SHit I was all set to sign up when I read the title of the post.....
Well, I'd be outraged if they did something like that here...

They should "buy American" and train with AR's... [wink]

On a serious note - this gets to the heart of the "problem" with the liberal elite...

Those who aren't just blatantly trying to disarm the masses to enslave them, honestly believe we are more "evolved" as a culture (or people, their not afraid to be racist bastards) and guns and violence are an outdated concept reserved for 3rd world countries... Until they get mugged, raped, or burgled and suddenly they wake up...

thinking..

Well, I'd be outraged if they did something like that here...

They should "buy American" and train with AR's... [wink]

On a serious note - this gets to the heart of the "problem" with the liberal elite...

Those who aren't just blatantly trying to disarm the masses to enslave them, honestly believe we are more "evolved" as a culture (or people, their not afraid to be racist bastards) and guns and violence are an outdated concept reserved for 3rd world countries... Until they get mugged, raped, or burgled and suddenly they wake up...

Yeah, I was thinking about it all day after composing the little post today. It's a sad state of affairs. The government is footing the bill for this without batting an eyelash...okay WE'RE FOOTING the bill...but this Administration supports these efforts.

Here at home things are relatively peaceful in society comparatively so we what? Get lulled into a sense of security and "oh we don't need these silly guns anymore - let's just put those away - here let me take that for you, melt it down and build another bus to transport illegal aiens into the country" Correct me if I'm wrong...but just 139 years ago weren't we still having public executions? Afghanistan has been a struggling tribal country since what, forever? Our "civilized society" is a blip on the radar of a brutal past full of blood, sacrifice and violence to earn this peace. If we aren't prepared to defend it we'll become just another faded memory some day.

You are so correct...they will wake up some day when the shit hits the fan and realize - hey we need those guns back. So we don't need cannons on the street anymore and people are content to keep the peace themselves - it's a miracle we have the peace we have in this country - and in large because of the willingness of us INDIVIDUALS to rush out into the streets and protect ourselves and our families - does that mean we drop all defenses as a country by disarming the public?

Hell no, and any fools who think otherwise will be the ones that need defending if the crap flies someday. What do we have to regress to an Afghanistan in order for certain government factions to understand the importance of our right to bear arms?

Funny when people are in trouble they pick up the phone and call the guys with guns. Those guys can't do it they call SWAT with bigger guns, those guys can't do it and we call the military.

Guns = Crime. Makes me [puke]

At least someone is enjoying my tax dollars to pay for shooting lessons!

Wish it were a little closer to home, though.[thinking]

Back
Top Bottom