Can We Get the Laws to be the Same in EVERY town

B

bigbear383

How come one town may issue, one wont, and one Always issues. This is stupid and we, GOAL, NRA should do something. Its not right that because you live in one town you can get LTC and in another they make you " Jump through hoops" HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLp

I hope I don't catch flak for this........
maseal.jpg

BillK said:
I hope I don't catch flak for this........
Here's your flak...Darken the blue on "Peoples" so it matches!!!!
I love it! It would make a great NES Tee shirt.
Or Bruce's Live Free or Here Motto under it.

JonJ said:
Here's your flak...Darken the blue on "Peoples" so it matches!!!!
I love it! It would make a great NES Tee shirt.
Or Bruce's Live Free or Here Motto under it.

Actually, it's almost more fitting that the "Peoples" isn't bolded

It's "PEOPLE'S" Republic" - POSSESSIVE tense uses apostrophes; not the plural, despite the general ignorance on that point.

Of course, the indian really ought to be disarmed............

bigbear383 said:
How come one town may issue, one wont, and one Always issues. This is stupid and we, GOAL, NRA should do something. Its not right that because you live in one town you can get LTC and in another they make you " Jump through hoops" HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLp

Yes- it is completely annoying. I don't understand how local towns have complete discretion. Complete BS IMO.

Excellent Bill.

Bigbear, set your User CP to see ALL THREADS and then spend some time in Gun Laws Forum researching this issue.

It's a sell known problem, the legislature hears of it every 2 years at their hearings. Then they go in the back rooms with the lobbyists from MCOPA and no change will occur (or they will lose the political support of the Mass Chiefs). That is the short and simple explanation.

BillK said:
ok, done.. and ummmm... it's odd but make's [sic] a perfect point... disarmed it look's like he is giving you the finger...
maseal3.jpg

Given how the colonists treated the natives, that is wholly appropriate. [wink]

The day the laws are the same in every town is the day they do the mandatory state-wide buy back, which'll be a month before they start going door to door. Be careful what you wish for.

The laws are the same statewide in New Jersey and look how that is working out. The State Government is now on a canpaign to file lawsuits against gun shops in another attempt to put them out of business. The sad part is that their idea works. Many shops do go out of business when the suits are filed which meets their objectives.

The LAW is the same from town to town. It is the APPLICATION of the law and, in places like Brookline, Newton, etc., the blatant violation of it, which is the problem.

Scrivener,
If you don't mind me asking, for the folks that are in these towns that ask for proof, certifications, verifications, etc that are outside what the law states is required. What should you do as an applicant when asked to provide these items, and how should one go about doing that without coming across as a trouble maker, and prompt a denial/downgrade from the town?

For folks who are in these towns, is retaining the services of a qualified attorney the best route to take?

Also, what does the attorney do for the applicant? They obviously assist them in correctly filling out the application, but do normal attorney services extend beyond this? Has it been your experience that in these towns, you as an attorney are needed to follow-up with the chiefs to ensure that they are complying with the law/time restraints?

If someone were to retain qualified legal counsel, is there any recourse for the client if they aren't issued the license the want?

Adam

Back
Top Bottom