Can someone educate me on Glocks gen 1,2,3,4 and MA AG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is okay and what is not? I am not getting much from mass.gov and the Attorney General's pages. It is almost as confusing as my Class A license that says I can have large capacity magazines.

F*** the AG. Do whatever you want, but loose lips sink ships. Don't talk about what you can and can't get from any specific FFLs.

Dealers, if I recall correctly, can't sell a Glock newer than a 1998. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That being said, a Massachusetts police officer can sell a newer Glock to another police officer. Then, if that officer choses, he can sell it to anyone in a personal transaction. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

One thing I've learned recently is that the Glock factory still produces the Gen 3 models. I assumed they stopped making them with the Gen 4's rolled out. That's not the case.

Last edited:
I have a question regarding Gen 2.5 glock 26's. I searched but haven't found a solid answer.
So some are legal to transfer in and some arent, based on date of manufacture? Does checkered finger grooves make a difference, is this something that the serial number can answer?

1. Dealers are not allowed to sell any glock made after Sep. 1998.
(however if one were to sell one to you it is not illegal to own the firearm)

2. Any glock can be owned/ sold/ purchased in MA. Glocks can be sold face to face on fa10 forms.

3. Any magazine that you own for a glock that holds over 10 rounds must be a pre ban magazine. All 10 round glock magazines are legal to own.

basically if a dealer will sell a glock to you it is legal to own as long as it doesn't have post ban high capacity magazines.

I just joined the board last month. You guys are funny as heck. I crack up laughing all the time reading the threads.

[smile]

Just to clarify, my question regarding G26 2.5s is FFL transfer into MA from out of state, not dealer sale.

Just to clarify, my question regarding G26 2.5s is FFL transfer into MA from out of state, not dealer sale.

Makes no difference. The dealer transfers possession to you, regardless of whether you pay him for the gun or for the transfer. It is not illegal for you to receive it, but the AG says he can get in trouble for transferring possession to you.

What year was it made? G26 started in 96 right? If it was made in 96, 97, or early 98 you are clear.

Just FYI, none of this is illegal in mass, it's just not COMPLIANT to the AG's stupid ass rules when it comes to glocks and others of the like.

Either way must go thru dealer or private if in the state. Dealers choice on whether or not to sell to you in MA. Don't out anybody who does you a solid by letting you have a NIB glock that you've been wanting.

Generations don't necessarily mean they are not compliant, as in there's quite a few pre98 glock gen 3's out there you just have to look. Look hard enough, u might find a new gen 4 / gen 3 you want.

Happy Hunting.

Specifically the Gen 2.5 26? Ive been seeing that some are on the approved list and some aren't, that's what I was looking for clarification on. Thanks!

What is the serial prefix (first 3 letters) ? You can google those and get an idea of the production date based on what other owners have posted

Most of the glocks are approved on EOPS list, non of which on the AG, unless gen 1, 2, 2.5, and some 3's. you can always request the serial to call Glock and confirm mfg date.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the serial prefix (first 3 letters) ? You can google those and get an idea of the production date based on what other owners have posted

This

EAZ the databases I searched listed "unknown" production date. It is listed as Gen 2.5 and has checkered finger grooves.

The prefix are generally chronological as far as I have been able to tell. Over on the glocktalk list they have one "EAC - G-26 - December 2000 - 3rd Gen. - US suffix" and "EBK - G-26 - May 2001 - 3rd Gen. - Austrian proof marks on barrel, slide and frame"
That would lead me to believe that EAZ falls somewhere between (2000-2001) which would be after the AG restriction. If you have your heart set on the gun it may be worth getting the full serial and calling Glock directly to get the exact date OR find an FFL who might cut you some slack, if such a dealer in fact existed.

The majority of the dealers have a list of serial number ranges of what is OK to sell in Ma. Also one distributor, Horton's , wont sell any Gen 3 or 4 to dealers.Regardless. They also take one magazine out of the box, throw the plastic Glock case away and sell it to the dealers in a box with one mag. They then sell the extra mag to the dealer, ready for this, $40, yup 40 bucks. This same distributor takes the second mag out of the Romy AK's and sells them to the dealer for $25 bucks. A number of dealers have stopped buying from this distributor due to whats listed above as well as jacking prices up on AR so high you could buy one at Cabelas if they have any for less. It is one greedy guy making it hard for the small dealers in Ma to offer deals anymore.

I have a question. The AG banned sales of glocks to civilians and from what I understand only some can be purchased by law enforcement ( I think I got that right), but I was over hearing that the AG is going to also ban personal sales as well, rendering everyone stuck with whatever they have and no one getting any.......is this true? And if so when? Best guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom