Can I sell this gun or not? Any ideas? PHOTO added Post 21

I think this is a "shut your mouth" moment. If it's been in your Uncle's closet for 50 years there is no paper trail on it with the state. Who's to say you didn't own it when you lived in another state? or that your uncle gave it to your father 49 years ago? There is no REQUIREMENT to declare what you own when you move.

now what I'm suggesting is probably (most likely) illegal (technically) , you own it now, when(if) you sell it, fill out the FA-10, nobody's going to come looking for you because you transferred a shotgun that there was no paper-trail prior to your ownership.

If many years is more than 6, you don't have to do anything.

ETA: If I read this right. The aunt owned the gun and illegally transferred it to the OP. If it's 6+ years ago the statue of limitation has expired.

What both of you are suggesting is illegal and pointless. The only time they would come to confiscate anything, they will "sweep the house clean" and take everything . . . it matters not if it was registered or legally/illegally transferred. If you doubt me on this, please read the case of Jarvis v. Village Vault either on www.comm2a.org or by just Googling it.

Since we know that some police chiefs and unfriendly state agencies read this forum, this entire discussion is "EVIDENCE" of a crime and can easily be Subpoenaed (Derek has been hit with those before, having to give up the real name & IP address of the author). There is no anonymity and even if the Statute of Limitations has run, it shows the person "unsuitable" and they revoke the LTC and confiscate everything (required by MGL) anyway. And deleting a thread won't work . . . Google and other bots have scooped it up and archived it within minutes of the first post!

Try harder NOT to recommend doing dumb things.

Back
Top Bottom