Can I get a 14" Mossberg 590A?

Not in MA, under the current interpretation of "sawed off shotgun"...

Used to be if it was "factory" it was OK, however after some prodding by MA the ATF has decided that any too short "shotguns" (be they SBS's, or AOW's) can't be transfered to indviduals in MA, because they (ATF) can't determine with certainty that it is factory or not...

Agreed. It was said it complete jest, but I can understand your point.

Consider the statment revoked. I have deleted my orginal commet. if you want to delete yours with the quote as well that would be nice.

Alex

Wouldn't the original dealer forms ie form 3 dealer to dealer or the form (not sure of the number) from manufacture to original dealer. Would this not be a way to show that shot gun came from factory as a Short barreled model??????? Just think out loud !!!!! If they can tell how an AR15 left the Colt factory in 1984 they can tell how a Mossberg 590 left factory in 2010. WTF welcome to MA.

#1 understand that below I will be "explaining" not "defending" (I think this new interpretation is silly, but it doesn't change that it is the new interpretation)...
Wouldn't the original dealer forms ie form 3 dealer to dealer or the form (not sure of the number) from manufacture to original dealer. Would this not be a way to show that shot gun came from factory as a Short barreled model???
It "could", except how would one prove that said factory SBS(or AOW) had remained "factory" since it left the factory.

The reality is the way Mass's "sawed off shotgun" law is written, it has never made much sense. Example you could have a 100% "legal" factory 10inch barreled AOW, under mass law (even before the reinterpretation) if you stuck a different 17 1/2 inch barrel that you cut down yourself, that gun would now be illegal. So now they have basicly said "who the F knows we aint gonna touch it"...

...If they can tell how an AR15 left the Colt factory in 1984...
PS, What???

They are cool, but can't you buy one with just a few more inches of barrel and not deal with any of the BS? Isn't 16" or 18" legal? I don't see that little bit being worth the BS.

They are cool, but can't you buy one with just a few more inches of barrel and not deal with any of the BS? Isn't 16" or 18" legal? I don't see that little bit being worth the BS.

18" is the non NFA statute. But it is night and day when you look at something like a serbu super shortie vs a standard 18" 500. Or a 10" sxs. There is an undeniable "cool" factor. Practically and moneywise, is it worth it? That's a judgement call. But, I am glad I got my $5 tax stamp Ithaca a long time ago, and would not part with it.

When did this change take place? I have a 590A1 with a 14" barrel that I purchased from a Ma dealer. ATF had no problem with the transaction.

I have a mod 37 that I got a long time ago as well.. it is fairly recent.
But, I wonder if there is some sort of In-state grandfather clause. Could I sell my in state 37 to you and could you sell me your in state registered 590?

When did this change take place? I have a 590A1 with a 14" barrel that I purchased from a Ma dealer. ATF had no problem with the transaction.

I have a mod 37 that I got a long time ago as well.. it is fairly recent.
But, I wonder if there is some sort of In-state grandfather clause. Could I sell my in state 37 to you and could you sell me your in state registered 590?

They are only accepting forms 2, 3 and 5 from MA residents...

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-SBS-now-officially-out-of-the-question-in-MA.

Back
Top Bottom