• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can I cross into Maine with a handgun???

I'm from MA and I'm going to my parents place in North Conway for Thanksgiving. I mentioned this in another thread and a gentleman told me about a FREE range not far from me but it's in Maine. Can I cross into Maine with my handgun to go plink a few?? It will be in a locked box during my travels (unloaded and of course no rounds in the mag) I don't venture to Maine much so I have no clue of the laws.

Hi Bradley,

Take a look in the gun law section. Here's a link to a question similar to the one your asking. In it there are Formal links to pages from Maine gov, that should clear things up for you.

I have a place, and family up in Ossipee. I know of a nice little spot down the road that Ive been going to shoot for as long as I can rememeber.

Actually thats where my parents place is. I say north conway cause it's more know but I'm in ossipee near freedom. All dirt roads and woods......... I LOVE IT!!!

Fryeburg Range

There is a free outside range in Fryeburg Maine. When I went up to the Fair in October we went and shot a couple of hundred rounds. It is free to everybody they just want you to pick up after yourselves. They have a 100 yard and a skeet range. It belongs to the state of Maine. Here is the info: http://www.fryeburgfishandgame.com/page11.html

Brian

There is a free outside range in Fryeburg Maine. When I went up to the Fair in October we went and shot a couple of hundred rounds. It is free to everybody they just want you to pick up after yourselves. They have a 100 yard and a skeet range. It belongs to the state of Maine. Here is the info: http://www.fryeburgfishandgame.com/page11.html

Brian

Thats the place I was told about. If I get bored I might swing thru and plink a few with the pocket pal.

Actually thats where my parents place is. I say north conway cause it's more know but I'm in ossipee near freedom. All dirt roads and woods......... I LOVE IT!!!

Yuup I'm right on the lake. Take the road along side the Mobile Station on Rt 25 (It was DYNOMITE for as long as I can remember, but it changed this year to Boyle's Family Market). It is truely heaven. (minus the black fly season and the deer flies)

Back
Top Bottom