Can anyone identify this pistol?

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
355805132.jpg

I saw this image on Gunbroker, wondering if anyone can identify what this pistol is ?
Sort of looks like a CZ?

I have no idea what it is but curiously Google image search shows that same exact picture on at least 100 hundred gun trafficking/gang arrest articles, it's probably some kind of stock photo but it still is weird what the original pistol is.

It has a slide mounted safety.... hmm

I can only find this as a stock image.

Really odd. Handle material reminds me of mass produced Argentine Hi-Power, and the safety makes me think Zastava. Exposed hammer/slide safety/american mag release/external extractor/tiny ejection port/LIGHT RAIL is an odd combo. I'm leaning to eastern european late 80s/early 90s design. Probably mil surplus, communist. No slide markings make this one interesting

I want to say its a light rail but there's no f***ing notch to secure the light...

I can only find this as a stock image.

Really odd. Handle material reminds me of mass produced Argentine Hi-Power, and the safety makes me think Zastava. Exposed hammer/slide safety/american mag release/external extractor/tiny ejection port/LIGHT RAIL is an odd combo. I'm leaning to eastern european late 80s/early 90s design. Probably mil surplus, communist. No slide markings make this one interesting
Argentine Hi-Powers don’t have the slide cut. Or at least mine doesn’t.

1601373200025.jpeg

@drgrant I feel like I’ve seen other pistols with rails and no notch.

Looks very similar to a Star, same frame shape, hammer and controls...but that ejection port tho...tiny......must be a .22?

Weird combo. Slide looks Springfield Armory, trigger guard looks CZ, and the grip looks STI. Maybe some little known CZ clone with "tactical" slide? Maybe a render by someone who makes copy for websites? Airsoft?

What country or factory manufacturers firearms without any markings?

All I can think of is something locally manufactured in Pakistan.
Only thing is I think more often than not they usually tend to be copies of existing designs.

If this photo is a rendering/composite then it's a really good one. The wear looks very real, but if they were mil guns they'd have more holster wear. I also think they're pot metal, they look really really rough. They gotta either be handmade Paki copies (which having a boxful in a first-world country would be almost impossibly rare, must be movie props.

I was watching one of those airport shows and they found a bunch of gun parts being shipped to columbia and I swear they used that photo of what they seized during the raid in Columbia.

I think it might actually be a photo, not a render.

Agreed. But if it were a render, they had great attention to detail with different skins/textures for each pistol.

I do think it’s amazing that computer generated imagery has gotten so good, that we can barely tell sometimes now.

I am beginning to think its some kind of blank firing pistol, probably firing 9mm pak or some shit. Which is great for a stock photo because no trademarks, rollmarks, serial numbers, etc. That stock photo is used all over the damned place.

Agreed. But if it were a render, they had great attention to detail with different skins/textures for each pistol.

I do think it’s amazing that computer generated imagery has gotten so good, that we can barely tell sometimes now.
Was looking on my phone earlier. Completely agreed.

Back
Top Bottom