Can anyone else successfully place an order from Brownells?

Prepper

NES Member
I've been trying for hours to place an order from brownells.com, and every time I go to checkout it just does this:

We apologize; but the site has encountered an error which prevents it from processing your request. You may have reached this error page due to an attempt to access a bookmarked page from our previous site that is no longer available.

That's bullshit... I got there by clicking Checkout, not from some bookmark. Cookies are on. Popup blocking is off. I tried two different browsers on two different computers, all the same thing.

I'd go elsewhere but the dealer discount (C&R) makes the price of what I'm getting much lower than any place else. Argh.

Is it just me?

It finally works this morning. Their web site works very poorly... timeouts, odd errors that I have to retry to get past, etc.

So, let me get this straight. They give you a discount, they are noted for excellent products and service, and when their shopping cart has a problem on a Sunday night you complain?????????

Un effin believable.[angry][angry]

I have dealt with Brownell for well over 20 years and find them to be among the most upstanding companies in this industry. They bend over backwards to give good products, great advice, and the best service you will ever find.

Starting a thread like this is unconscionable and the thread should be deleted.

They did reply to my support email pretty quickly and said something about system upgrades affecting some accounts. They could post a note that upgrades are going through or something... I first tried to put order through at 3pm and last time at midnight... quite a long downtime, made me wonder if there was something wrong with my Internet connection (which there is... the plant at the telephone pole started flaking out last week and I can't convince Comcast that it is their fault.)

Back
Top Bottom