camp/fishing place in New Hampshire

mbz4ever

Dealer
NES Member
anyone can recommend good overnight tent camp/fishing place in New Hampshire.
I like to take my 9 year old for 1st time to tent camp and some fishing and shooting in a wild.
thanks

Don't know about NH but in VT and NY no guns/shooting in campgrounds during the summer. Wildlife management areas are OK, but of course no campground services.

I usually take a trip up to Dolly Copp In the White Mountain National Forest at least once a year there are several rivers right there. There is a small one that goes right through the camp I go to fly fish with a 2 wt. rod and catch 8-14" brookies all day long I live for that. I think it is a lot of fun and so do all the people I have brought. There are also other places in the area. It is right south Gorham NH on RT 16. The only thing with it is there is bathrooms with sinks and running water and water faucets between the sights but no showers. You can go a few miles down the road and they have showers at Mt. Washington. unless you have a camper there is also no power at the sights you can run a generator if need be. I love it it takes you back when life was a lot simpler. It might not be for you but I love it small place (about 100 sights I believe) very quiet respectful people and it is beautiful. Campground is tucked right in at the base of Mt. Washington, Madison and the rest of the presidential range. There are also a lot of hiking trails right out of the campground. There are also other campgrounds in the area with power/ water right at the sights. Walmart / supermarket and any other needs are also very close

Back
Top Bottom