• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Calling SIG experts, school me pls

The only Sigs I have sold off were my P290 and P250 9mm.....the P250 .45 is awesome however.

If you don't mind sharing, why do you like the p250 .45, but not the the 9mm? I don't have experience with either handgun. Do the MA models have 10+ lb triggers?

If you don't mind sharing, why do you like the p250 .45, but not the the 9mm? I don't have experience with either handgun. Do the MA models have 10+ lb triggers?

the full size .45 is awesome. 10rd capacity, long sight radius and under $500. the DAO trigger isnt bad for a HD gun or for a new shooter. its basically a revolver DA trigger on a semiauto pistol. the recoil on the full size .45 is very mild. there is a MA compliant model with awful trigger but the trigger chassis system on the P250 can be adjusted to lighten the pull and it still fires fine.

the 9mm P250 is fine too, I just didnt dig it as much...personal preference only. the p250 is amazingly reliable platform in my experience.

its really a shame the P320 never got onto the EOPS list cuz those are also awesome guns granted a little heavy compared to glocks and other striker guns.

i will admit I am a sig fanboy so let that factor in too ;)

Love my 226. At the Sig Academy pro shop, I had the pleasure of fondling a 226 Legion. Amazing, just amazing. Absolute perfection. Would have bought one right there if not for the silly MA compliancy crap.

Funny my P226 is only Sig i havent yet done SRT swap. Personally I think the SRT is nice but a bit overrated. I dont shoot w reset because I was taught defensively not to do that. If I were a reset-only shooter the SRT would be desireable.

as much as people criticize the stock sig trigger reset, the likelihood of squeezing off extra round w the stock reset-break points is near zero. With SRT factor in a little human error and shaky finger, well you know where Im going here.

Replacing the stock P226 firing pin safety lever with one from a P220 will cure the "SIG Creep" without the need for an SRT kit. I have done this swap on match guns but might not trust it in a carry gun.

Back
Top Bottom