California Supreme Court rules against NSSF in microstamping suit

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
NSSF v. California.
The Latest: California justices toss bullet stamping suit
The California Supreme Court says state laws cannot be invalidated on the grounds that complying with them is impossible.

The unanimous ruling on Thursday rejected a lawsuit by gun rights groups that sought to throw out a California law that requires new models of semi-automatic handguns to stamp identifying information on bullet casings. The groups argued that technology did not exist to meet the stamping requirements, and a law can't mandate something that's not possible.

The court said impossibility can sometimes lead courts to excuse a failure to comply with a law. But it said it can't be the basis for invalidating a law.[/quo

"The California Supreme Court says state laws cannot be invalidated on the grounds that complying with them is impossible."

That's gota be the best line I've seen in a pretty long time. With reasoning like that from the highest court in cali really what can you do about trying to stop these nuts?

And so people are clear, this ruling was NOT about whether microstamping is impossible or not. They assumed it was. It was purely based on whether or not the civil code that says

“ the law never requires impossibilities.”

can invalidate a statute enacted later that requires an impossibility.

They said it doesn’t.

Wow.

And so people are clear, this ruling was NOT about whether microstamping is impossible or not. They assumed it was. It was purely based on whether or not the civil code that says

“ the law never requires impossibilities.”

can invalidate a statute enacted later that requires an impossibility.

They said it doesn’t.

Wow.

I can't even wrap my mind around the twisted logic used to come to that conclusion. I'm pretty sure if I tried, blood vessels would burst in my brain and I would die of a massive aneurysm.

so now we know what they did with all those people after they closed the mental institutions. They are in the courts.

Makes total sense. Think everything that has happened since 2008 leading up until what we saw yesterday at the hearings....
Elected officials, swap creatures, politicians dems, rinos, repubs, etc...
...are mentally incapable of distinguishing right from wrong, and legal vs. illegal.
Therefore it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to actually follow any rules or laws..
Thusly, according to the CASC, they [will] "lead courts to excuse a failure to comply with a law."
In conclusion... why bother prosecuting any of them (Hillary, Comey, McCabe, etc) since their failure to comply is actually a impossibility.

Even the judge who concurred was aware of the majorities utter failure in logic and distortion of facts, and wrote 7 pages pointing them out.

“Thus, although the majority concedes that impossibility can sometimes provide a basis for recognizing a statutory exception (maj. opn., ante, at pp. 4–7, 9), the majority precludes courts from recognizing any such exception to section 31910(b)(7)(A), implying that the question was one that should have been adjudicated at the administrative level and that the only recourse is writ review of the Department of Justice’s certification or a constitutional challenge. The implication that the Department of Justice’s certification proceeding could have adjudicated the question of exceptions to section 31910(b)(7)(A) based on impossibility is simply wrong as a factual matter, and it is not an argument that the Attorney General makes in his briefs in this court.”

"The court said impossibility can sometimes lead courts to excuse a failure to comply with a law. But it said it can't be the basis for invalidating a law"

Aren't these the same people that said it would be impossible to round up all the illegal aliens in the US?

Back
Top Bottom