Cabela's in Maine

I went to Portland a few weeks ago. On my way home at 11 at night I saw a Cabelas sign on the north bound side of the highway. Got all exited, almost turned around to check it out, but the wife was tired,grumpy and just wanted to get home. I would also like to know when it is opening.

Just in time for the D-Day match at Scarborough....While it will be a nice place to brouse, I doubt they will beat the pricing at Rileys. Might be some good deals on clothing.

The article on the Portland newspaper's website yesterday said May 15th.

HTML:
http://news.mainetoday.com/updates/024002.html

I'll be glad to see them open. A little competition for KTP can't hurt.

The one being built in NJ has been under construction for the past two and a half years at least. It is still about nine months from completion. The one in Maine went up in a year or so. No idea what the holdup is?? Maybe they have to build around Jimmy...

Just checked the Cabela's web site they say may 15th at 5p.m..
Figures i'll be visiting family in Northern California. The good thing is they are only 1 hour away from the one in reno, nevada.

Unfortunately the Maine store and one or two others will be the last for a while. Cabela's has drastically scaled back their plans for expansion. The NJ store is being delayed until sometime in 2009 after fives years of planning and construction. Hooksett is dead for the time being. It would have been nice to have one that close.

Back
Top Bottom