Cabela's in Hartford

I was down at Pratt & Whitney yesterday picking up a computer at their surplus store and saw the new Cabela's going up...holy moly, that place is HUGE!

It looked like it was almost finished, there were a bunch of crews at work. Anyone know when they are opening?

You have just made my day...week..and month.....!
I am drooling....and the GF reply was " THATS cool.... We could even take a nice drive there!!!" WOOOOOO WOOOOOO

As big as that one and other in the area will be, the one in PA is much bigger. I wonder if they have those motorized carts available at the entrance?

I was born and raised in East Hartford. Guess I am going to have to make the grand opening and do my best to economically help my old stomping grounds.

Update: If you check out the little banner that flashes across the bottom of the Cabela's "retail" page, it lists October 19th as opening day...road trip!

My brother and I were talking about a road trip. I think we'll wait a week or 2 after it opens before we head down. The only thing that bums me out is CT's waiting period for firearms[angry]
Does anyone know if the waiting period exemptions apply to nonresidents?

Jon, I checked it out a few years ago.

ONLY exemption to the waiting period is if you have a CT Permit. Otherwise, C&R FFLs even need to wait the 2 weeks (IIRC) before picking up their purchases. Due to that pronouncement, I didn't bother even visiting the 2 gun shops that I had set my sights on during that trip. [I had wanted to pick up a couple of AR lowers, they were running $79 each or 2 for $150 at that time at one of the most prominent gun shops in CT.]

I believe the store in East Hartford will be just as big as the Hamburg PA store from what I've read at the Cabela's website.

Just a side note, however, about the opening.

Turns out that the 19th is also the UCONN homecoming football game. Can you imagine the GIGANTIC crowds for both the game and the grand opening???? Also, the traffic will be legandary. It'll surely be a day to be someplace else, I think!

Rome

well now

The traffic in the area around the new store is legendary for how bad it is. It should only take an hour or 2 to get in or out during any game. Due to CT Assualt weapon ban(whata bunch of crap as we all know), the management at the new Cabalas store has decided NOT to sell anything even remotely resembling an "assualt weapon". This means SKS. AKs, ARs, M1As, etc.... I'm not sure about accessories and such.

This will be interesting. Also the gun room(I'm told from factory reps at my store yesterday) is in the back behind miles of shoes and clothing. There were endless 16 year olds working there just milling around when the reps were there, typical dept store. I expect the gun knowledge and standard of help will not be that great.

Paul

Ya I guess the opening to the public is the 19th. One of the guys at work has a Cabala's charge card and they had a special opening two days ago for them, he couldn't make it though so I don't no how it is. I mite swing down there today to take a look see if I can get out of a few things [smile] [smile] [smile].

Back
Top Bottom