Cab driver shoots thief after being robbed

Do grand juries discuss cases like juries do or do they simply vote after the prosecution leaves the room?

Well, in theory, I have no idea, since, as I said, everyone else leaves the room. But I can tell you that in all of my cases the Grand Jury conducted at least some discussion, led by the foreman, before voting.

Well, in theory, I have no idea, since, as I said, everyone else leaves the room. But I can tell you that in all of my cases the Grand Jury conducted at least some discussion, led by the foreman, before voting.

Understood, but there is no prohibition on discussion so conceivably grand jury nullification has the same dynamic as say a jury trial where various opinions have champions and the outcome can weigh as much on the persuasive abilities of the opinion's champion as it could on the substance of the opinion itself.

Understood, but there is no prohibition on discussion so conceivably grand jury nullification has the same dynamic as say a jury trial where various opinions have champions and the outcome can weigh as much on the persuasive abilities of the opinion's champion as it could on the substance of the opinion itself.

Absolutely. The deliberative aspect of a Grand Jury's action on a presentment is subject to no review, whatsoever.

"""""And in my belief that is one of the reasons crime is what it is. There is no threat of serious punishment. That, and we are releasing people who don't care about serious punishment back onto the streets.

If it were legal to shoot a fleeing attacker, I wouldn't do so because I was "enraged". I'd do so because he's demonstrated that he's a danger to society and doesn't deserve to belong to it."""

Martlet You took the words out of my mouth. It has been what i've been saying all along.. People dont like to hear this cause this is the world we live in. But make the Laws so harsh so extreme that offenders wont dare break them... Criminals break the law most of the time cause they know the consequence and either dont care or can deal with them... Ie, short term sentence... Granted this is for serious infractions but why not death.. You rape someone.. DEAD... You steal from someone... DEAD .. Breaking and entering/ trespassing.. DEAD. You kill someone/ or attempt murder... Guess what DEAD!.
Get rid of the bad eggs... The spartans did it at birth .. Now dont get me wrong I have made penty of mistakes in my life. Nothing serious nothing that would effect anyone but me.... Im not looking for a nazi perfect race. I believe in change, difference and mostly Knowing Right from wrong..
Simply put Make the laws so harsh that if and or when read, "If you attempt to hijack, or strong armed robbery and are caught, You will be sent to death.
Bet you that cab driver wouldnt have had to shoot the guy at all..

Sorry to bore and go off on a rant.. just makes me mad how so many people think that laws regaurding this stuff is so lax and nothing ever changes.. Good people get screwed criminals sent free.

Back
Top Bottom