CA: ICE Agent Shot Dead by Son Using His Own Gun

A 14-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of murder after he shot his father dead with a single bullet from the garden into their home.

Myron Chisem, an Immigration and Custom Officials agent, was struck in the head while he sat in the home's television room in Carson, California.

The boy, who has not been identified, shot his 42-year-old father from the backyard using the agent's ICE-issued handgun, authorities said.

Link

At first I thought it was an accident. But, this kid shot his own dad in the head on purpose?

Well if it wasn't an accident, that kid has some mad skills landing a head shot at that distance, that is why I would have to believe it was an accident.

A 14 year old boy aiming a loaded handgun into a dwelling should know that he's likely to get more than a "big bang" out of it. Whether he intended to kill his father or not is unknown. He may have tried to scare the crap out of his father. A lot of kids do not adapt well to domestic upheaval. It is very likely the boy had issues with dad and perhaps dad's live in girl friend. Too bad his father wasn't carrying his service gun or at least, put it away so the kid couldn't access it.
Sad situation.
Best regards.

Well if it wasn't an accident, that kid has some mad skills landing a head shot at that distance, that is why I would have to believe it was an accident.

I really, really doubt it was an accident. Maybe the kid thought he could make it LOOK like an accident, but they arrested the kid, so this makes me think that the authorities also don't believe it was an accident.

-Mike

I really, really doubt it was an accident. Maybe the kid thought he could make it LOOK like an accident, but they arrested the kid, so this makes me think that the authorities also don't believe it was an accident.

-Mike

Kid probably didn't listen to Paulie's advice.

-Mike

I know you are probably right, Mike. I was just trying to be optimistic and give him the benefit of the doubt. Hard to believe he was able to make that shot with a pistol, though, assuming that was what he was aiming for.

I know you are probably right, Mike. I was just trying to be optimistic and give him the benefit of the doubt. Hard to believe he was able to make that shot with a pistol, though, assuming that was what he was aiming for.

The thing is, the ones that miss don't make the news - we hear about the ones that hit. The news has a way of distorting reality by filtering out the "usual", such that only the "unusual" is what we see in the news. So the unusual becomes what we think of as usual. Kind of messed up as far as affecting rational decision making by the public.

The thing is, the ones that miss don't make the news - we hear about the ones that hit. The news has a way of distorting reality by filtering out the "usual", such that only the "unusual" is what we see in the news. So the unusual becomes what we think of as usual. Kind of messed up as far as affecting rational decision making by the public.
This...

Oh, and this is impossible because there are safe storage laws in California.

Back
Top Bottom