CA - Homeowner Shoots Female Intruder

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/hesperia-17472-homeowner-intruder.html

HESPERIA • A homeowner hearing someone trying to break into his house early Saturday morning yelled at the intruder he had a gun, according to sheriff’s deputies responding to the call of a burglary in progress in the 10300 block of Maple Avenue.

The would-be burglar, later identified as Jennifer London, 23, broke out the front window and stuck her head through.

San Bernardino County Sheriff ’s deputies said the resident feared for his family’s safety and fired at the suspect causing her to flee.

She was located a short time later with a bullet wound to her chest and was taken to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.

Amazingly, the bullet passed through her body without hitting any vital organs or arteries, according to investigators. She was treated and turned over to waiting deputies and taken to West Valley Detention Center.

The homeowner has not been identified but authorities said he won’t be charged with anything and acted in self-defense.

The homeowner has not been identified but authorities said he won’t be charged with anything and acted in self-defense.

However, the intruder will file a lawsuit against the homeowner for the pain and suffering caused by this incident.

He shot her just for poking her head through the window? That doesn't sound like reasonable cause for feeling you and your family is in imminent danger of death or grave bodily injury.

He shot her just for poking her head through the window? That doesn't sound like reasonable cause for feeling you and your family is in imminent danger of death or grave bodily injury.

Sure it does. He warned her that he was armed and ordered her to leave.

She continued to break in after the warning, which would indicate to any reasonable person that she had bad intentions.

i don't know; 'early saturday morning' could mean 1 or 2 am. in the dark, living roughly (roughly) in the area of night stalker territory, your family sleeping inside, someone breaking into you home and not stopping despite you yelling threats; that sounds pretty threatening.

Hmm, I guess it's just me then. I'd have waited till she was inside.

Your choice, except if the intruder is armed by that time you may be dead. And how do you know it is just one intruder?

Remember to pull out your justified shooting pamphlet and consult before taking a shot.

Back
Top Bottom