CA - Customer Shoots & Kills Armed Robber

A parolee suspected of committing several armed robberies in the Sunland-Tujunga area this week was shot dead Friday by a retired police officer during an attempted robbery at a McDonald's, police said.

The Sunland-Tujunga man in his mid- to late-20s was killed during a struggle with an employee and a retired Burbank police officer at about 10:45 a.m. at the fast food restaurant at 7950 Foothill Blvd., according to Detective Pat Barron of LAPD's Foothill Division.

The employee and officer were trying to subdue him after he pulled a handgun in the restaurant, which had more than 20 customers at the time, Barron said.

The two wrestled the suspect to the ground in a "scuffle that lasted quite a while,"

>snip<

"Not only are there retired police officers out there with guns, there are regular citizens out there with a gun," Detective Barron said. "There's also some business owners who won't give it up so easily."

http://www.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_17645384

"Not only are there retired police officers out there with guns, there are regular citizens out there with a gun," Detective Barron said. "There's also some business owners who won't give it up so easily."
However, because of the stupid CA laws, I'd say not as many as there should be. Criminals can roll the dice and be confident the odds are in their favor.

However, because of the stupid CA laws, I'd say not as many as there should be. Criminals can roll the dice and be confident the odds are in their favor.

I saw a study recently that stated there were more guns in California than any other state but Texas, but percentage-wise Ca was towards bottom of list. If I can find it (and remember to), I will post a link.

Back
Top Bottom