C+R Help

I got the C+R forms in the mail today (yippee) but I am trying to find out the rules about the bound book, etc on the BATFE website. I found a lot of the information on NES, but wanted to see links from the BATFE regarding the bound book, how to record the sale, etc.

For some reason, I just want to see the actual BATFE links even though Ive got most of the info. The BATFE website is kind of a PITA to navigate.....

§ 178.125 Record of receipt and disposition (f) Firearms receipt and disposition by licensed collectors. Each licensed collector shall enter into a record each receipt and disposition of firearms curios or relics. The record required by this paragraph shall be maintained in bound form under the format prescribed below. The purchase or other acquisition of a curio or relic shall, except as provided in [§ 27 C.F.R 178.125] (g) of this section, be recorded not later than the close of the next business day following the date of such purchase or other acquisition. The record shall show the date of receipt, the name and address or the name and license number of the person from whom received, the name of the manufacturer and importer (if any), the model, serial number, type, and the caliber or gauge of the firearm curio or relic. The sale or other disposition of a curio or relic shall be recorded by the licensed collector not later than 7 days following the date of such transaction. When such disposition is made to a licensee, the commercial record of the transaction shall be retained, until the transaction is recorded, separate from other commercial documents maintained by the licensee, and be readily available for inspection. The record shall show the date of the sale or other disposition of each firearm curio or relic, the name and address of the person to whom the firearm curio or relic is transferred, or the name and license number of the person to whom transferred if such person is a licensee, and the date of birth of the transferee if other than a licensee. In addition, the licensee shall:

1.) Cause the transferee, if other than a licensee, to be identified in any manner customarily used in commercial transactions (e.g., a driver's license), and note on the record the method used, and
2.) In the case of a transferee who is an alien legally in the United States and who is other than a licensee -

(i) Verify the identity of the transferee by examining an identification document (as defined in § 178.11), and
(ii) Cause the transferee to present documentation establishing that the transferee is a resident of the State (as defined in § 178.11) in which the licensee's business premises is located if the firearm curio or relic is other than a shotgun or rifle, and note on the record the documentation used or is a resident of any State and has resided in such State continuously for at least 90 days prior to the transfer of the firearm if the firearm curio or relic is a shotgun or rifle and shall note on the record the documentation used. Examples of acceptable documentation include utility bills or a lease agreement which show that the transferee has resided in the State continuously for at least 90 days prior to the transfer of the firearm curio or relic.

3.) The format required for the record of receipt and disposition of firearms by collectors is as follows:

Firearms Collectors Acquisition and Disposition Record

CRtable.gif

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/intro.htm

I use this book.

That looks like a dealer's bound book, which has a slightly different format than the collector's bound book. I made up my own page following the CFR that drumenigma posted above, and just print them out as I need them and keep them in a three ring binder. Here's a link to my original post that contains the page as a PDF you can download and use. (It also contains a link to the CFR if you want to further follow up what drumenigma posted).

3.) The format required for the record of receipt and disposition of firearms by collectors is as follows:

Firearms Collectors Acquisition and Disposition Record

CRtable.gif

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/intro.htm

I simply picked up a bound 6x9 book with blank pages from Staples for about $5, and marked the first few pages in the exact format shown above, with the columns spanning two pages consecutive pages. When those are filled up, I'll mark a few more in the same way. It's about as far from brain surgery as you can get.

Ken

Also I believe in the original C+R thread there was someone who posted a printable version of the table. I believe that's where I got mine from. It works out well.

That looks like a dealer's bound book, which has a slightly different format than the collector's bound book. I made up my own page following the CFR that drumenigma posted above, and just print them out as I need them and keep them in a three ring binder. Here's a link to my original post that contains the page as a PDF you can download and use. (It also contains a link to the CFR if you want to further follow up what drumenigma posted).

The meat of it is the same. Description of Firearm area is identical. I don't know about disposition as I haven't transferred any C&Rs.

Back
Top Bottom